FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party, Operations & Finance
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Chief of Party, Operations and Finance for an upcoming USAID-funded opportunity in Nigeria entitled, Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN).
- This position will be based in Nigeria – in Abuja or field offices in the project’s target states – and is contingent upon award.
- The anticipated Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) Program will support the government of Nigeria to accelerate the mastery of reading skills for children in the early primary grades in select states of Nigeria.The anticipated 5-year activity is expected to build upon the results of the existing USAID Northern Education Initiative Plus, improving reading outcomes for Nigerian pupils in grades 1-3 by helping Nigerian government institutions and schools effectively leverage their resources and ensuring program schools are safe, supportive, and conducive to learning.
- The Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP), Operations and Finance is responsible for supporting the Chief of Party in staff, operational, and financial management. In close coordination with the CoP, the DCoP will oversee administrative, operational, finance, and HR teams and be responsible for effective utilization of resources including staff with a diverse range of capabilities.
- Additionally, She/he will provide operational oversight on financial and human resources management, efficient procurement and logistical services, contracts and grants, asset management, ICT, general administration, and will lead efforts to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations as well as timely and effective delivery of program activities.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Coordinate closely with COP to lead financial and contractual aspects of the project;
- Responsible for implementing and enhancing internal organizational and financial processes;
- Ensure compliance with US Government and Government of Nigeria rules, regulations and policies regarding contracts and grants, procurements, financial management, etc.;
- Manage the planning and implementation of field activities, including oversight of budgets, grants, operational plans, reporting, and procedural and financial compliance;
- Ensure efficient management and utilization of resources in accordance with applicable FHI and donor policies and procedures;
- Provide guidance and supervision to program staff and managers who are charged to implement activities within the assigned area of expertise;
- Collaborate with FHI 360’s country team, Regional Office and headquarter-based staff to ensure the project is implemented according to organization and industry best practices, program framework, and regulations;
- Contribute to timely and accurate reporting;
- Supervise the recruitment, hiring, and management of operational/financial local staff and consultants; and
- Support performance management and professional development of direct reports, including ongoing feedback, coaching, and career support.
- Master’s Degree (preferred) in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field;
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible operational and financial management experience in support of large-scale international development programs;
- Experience with USAID-funded projects preferred;
- Proven leadership in the administration of similar-sized international donor technical assistance projects;
- Budgeting, financial management, and policies and procedures oversight experience, especially related to USAID programming;
- Effective strategic planning and project management skills;
- CPA, ACA, ICAN, CIMA, CFE or other similar, relevant professional qualification is required;
- Strong consultative and negotiation skills;
- Ability to build positive working relationships with local communities, government officials, and donor representatives;
- Ability to analyze and establish effective and supportive cross-program coordination, organizational procedures, and management systems;
- Good analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills;
- Preferred experience in the education sector in Nigeria or the region;
- Must have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines;
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision;
- Fluent in English;
- Proficiency in Hausa preferred.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online