|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Designer
Employment Type: Full-time
- You will handle the production of Jumia marketing design production for online & offline needs. This entails but not limited to working directly with the commercial teams, customer care, J-force, social media, affiliates, onsite and various other teams. You will report to your Design lead among other various reporting channels including your
- CMOs, Heads of design, etc. You will assist in training new design hires, uphold design asset QC while keeping schedule and capacity requirements through design sprints.
- You will also act as a touch point for design related consultations from onsite to marketing run campaigns local operations and sometimes other Jumia ventures across the world with absence of your design lead.
- You will assume Design lead role and responsibilities when they are indisposed (you don’t need a title to be a leader)
- You will produce design materials for all Jumia marketing, commercial, onsite, and social engagements requirements. You will assist in creating and developing campaign ideas and concepts, applying consumer behavior insights to customer journeys and experiences on/in Jumia.
- You will share incremental improvements, feedback on process, and participate in regular creative brainstorm sessions. You will produce design work, assist in training and managing Junior designers, quality control of design for all assets during campaigns and normal CP.
- You will facilitate skills transfer to new and struggling designers through mentorship and hands on training sessions.
- You will exemplify our Jumia culture as a senior designer to new hires; you will be expected to be a role model to all Jumia employees
Marketing and Sales:
- You will work with Vendor and Category management teams to shape the messaging and communication for Jumia campaigns.
UX and Product:
- You will be required to share feedback on our products to help refine and improve them. You will be required to participate in UX tests and reviews from time to time
- You will participate in training junior designers.
- You need to keep up with ecommerce trends and learnings from within Jumia and without, you will be expected to study and keep up with world design fails and success stories related to ecommerce, innovations from other leading platforms to help develop new ground-breaking products for local applications.
- You will incorporate best practices and success case scenarios to shape future marketing and engagement communications through design.
Brand Maintenance and Development:
- Maintain consistency in use of the brands.
- You will study and use our brand guides and rule books to make sure all our communications adhere to our brand identity. You will act as a guardian to said brand identity and call out fails and breaches in said brand guides.
- You will train new designers on the brand guidelines and make sure all local touch points reflect said guidelines in all use cases. You will propose and observe areas of improvements for said guidelines; even if just to update them.
Marketing and Campaigns:
- Create visual identities and oversee their adaptation across multiple platforms Work with stakeholders to review and approve final campaign assets and guides You will apply and review production on said guides for enforcement, QC fails and recommend changes on team’s design production Research market trends and conduct competitive analysis to improve inhouse standards and benchmarks, making recommendations to your team lead Promote skills development and tools competence within the team
- Promote creative skills development by promoting curiosity and inquisitive attitudes withing team mates
- Identity struggling team mates and recommend training and improvement programs to your team lead Assist your team lead in management tasks and roles from time to time Review capacity requirements, share feedback with your team lead.
- Make a strong role model influence off the clock and on it. Grow your team as designers and people as well. In extreme scenarios, be ready to make tough decisions by making compelling arguments for termination with well documented support to your team lead.
UI/UX and Product:
- Propose improvements during test cycles and give feedback on design samples and modules
- Receive feedback from other teams about design and interaction bottlenecks on the websites and escalate using proper channels for action.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Degree / Cert. in Design, Visual/Fine Arts or a relevant field.
- 3+ years of experience leading creative experience design or comparative position or equivalent experience (experience in ecommerce/ customer experience would be a plus)
- Strong people skills
- Comfortable working in a high impact, high energy, fast-paced environment
- Proven competence in design standard tools e.g., Adobe suite
- Tolerant working under pressure where high stakes are on the table
- Showcased creativity
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online