Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners Limited – Our client, a top tier (2) Commercial Bank, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Devops Specialist
- Our client requires the service of a highly skilled Devops specialist with Fin-Tech experience to join a dynamic team. The candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues in dev, test and production environments.
- The resource will work collaboratively with the software engineering team to deploy and operate systems, help automate and streamline operations and processes as well as build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Building independent web based tools, microservices and solutions.
- Utilize various open source technologies to implement integrations requested by customers.
- Building tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience.
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Write scripts and automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash etc;
- Develop scripts to automate visualization.
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Configure and manage data sources like MySQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions.
- Manage source control including SVN and GIT.
- Deploy updates and fixes.
Experience / Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc / B.A.) in Computer Science or similar (Minimum 2:2).
- 5+ years managing application infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker and Containers.
- Strong hands-on knowledge building containers and deploying applications.
- Experience managing application configs during development.
- Experience building and managing CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong knowledge of cloud (Google Cloud highly beneficial).
- Creating and managing access credentials and secrets.
- Knowledge of deploying and managing microservices.
- Service meshes and networking.
- Maintaining database including secure storage of secrets and credentials.
- Working in Agile environment (working in scrum team).
- Experience with Agile tools e.g. Jira.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2021.