9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Financial Control
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment type: Permanent
- Develop and implement robust financial controls both in the finance and business operational realms.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate and widely accepted accounting practices and standards.
- Responsible for the management of EMTS’s financial accounting strategy and contribute to the development of business strategic goals.
Tactical & Strategy:
- Validate all financial controls and procedures within the business, ensuring the adequate maintenance of proper policies and procedures in the areas of finance &accounting.
- Maintain suitable internal controls that lead to complete, accurate, and timely financial reporting.
- Develop innovative risk management vehicles to improve the organization’s financial position.
- Ensure alignment of the division’s strategy with the corporate strategy, goals, and objectives.
- Establish and implement accounting procedures and policies in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and law of the state.
- Evolve and implement cost management strategies to monitor and control cost organization-wide.
- Implement a consistent review of existing processes and controls to identify improvements that can be immediately adopted.
- Prepare monthly business operations analysis report of projects and customer group; analyse the budget variances and provide recommendation to ensure budget is well executed.
- Conduct the revision of monthly management accounts, with appropriate commentaries, providing accurate and insightful analysis of performance in line with internal deadlines.
- Evolve and promote control processes to mitigate financial risks.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Take ownership of and communicate department’s strategic direction and objectives to team members.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping top management informed of all critical financial issues.
- Ensure financial processes and controls operate effectively and efficiently daily while developing and implementing reporting measures to demonstrate their operations.
- Ensure that all reconciliations are completed on timely basis and differences are investigated and resolved promptly.
- Support the CFO in preparation of business plans and re-forecasts.
- Analyse the financial impact of business operational issues & decisions and advise accordingly.
- Integrate directly with the IT department in ensuring that appropriate financial management technology systems and platforms are in place to expand and sustain growth-oriented business and ensure financial success.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Motivate, mentor, coach, guide and ensure knowledge transfer and capacity building in team members
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the CFO.
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- MBA or similar advanced degree preferred.
- Professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CFA,ICAN) is mandatory
- Advanced knowledge of professional financial standards.
- Twelve (12) to Fifteen (15) year work experience with at least Three (3) years at senior management level.
- Meaningful relevant experience in a business environment characterized by growth, enhancement of business processes and systems complexity
- Strong executive presence and effective communication and relationship building skills.
- A strong understanding of Finance control methodologies and techniques, including data analytics.
- Exceptional attention to detail along with the ability to synthesize and communicate business issues and solutions.
- Proven experience working within a fast-paced, complex business environment
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with ability to deliver strategic messages to senior leadership level positions.
- Collaborative, team-oriented leadership style with track record of leading and mentoring teams.
- Ability to establish a high degree of accountability across the organization through both performance measurement and clear communications.
- High level of integrity and discretion with confidential matters.
- Financial Accounting / Reporting
- Budgeting and control techniques
- Receivables & Payable Management
- Cost Accounting
- Telecoms Industry Knowledge Skills
- Leadership and People Management
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Judgment and Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication and Collaborative
- Strategic Thinker and Operations savvy Behaviour
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
- All Departments. Senior Management Team, Executive Management Team
- Vendors, Consultants, External Auditors
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online