KPMG – Our client, a reputable Institute within the Financial Services Sector, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director / Group Head, Centre for Financial Studies (CFS)
Job Type: Full time
Sector: Financial Services
Reports To:The Chief Executive Officer
- Our client is recruiting a Director / Group Head, Centre for Financial Studies who will be responsible for engaging in research on topical contemporary and emerging issues in the banking and finance industry with a view to advancing the frontiers of knowledge.
Skills and Capabilities
- Contribute to the strategic development and delivery of corporate strategy with a particular focus on key priorities of the Institute – ethics, professionalism, visibility and value proposition.
- Develop and lead a coherent and coordinated policy and research programme that supports the mandates of the Institute.
- Produce a wide range of high-quality written outputs for various audiences including high-quality, well targeted research reports, policy briefings, blogs and other outputs.
- Commission thoughtful and agenda setting pieces of projects, working with a range of partners including think tanks and academic researchers.
- Organise knowledge events such as round-tables, advocacy series, breakfast session, public lectures etc.
- Keep abreast of key policy changes and relevant external issues that could impact the financial services industry and the Institute.
- Develop relationships with funders and new funding sources to support policy, research and evaluation work.
- Compile and deliver the annual policy and research budget and business plan activities for the Centre.
- Plan, coordinate and execute assigned projects and supervise team members on daily basis to complete research projects within deadlines
- Track project progress periodically and report the same to management while identifying areas of improvements and developing new methodologies to meet milestones
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in relevant disciplines
- A doctorate degree in any Social Science discipline is a plus
- Professional qualifications such as ACIB is an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience with at least 5 years in managerial position
- Considerable proven experience in leading the production of policies and research outputs including full research programmes, reports and surveys
- Proven experience in research and evaluation management and methodology including analysing quantitative and qualitative data
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience developing, delivering and evaluating evidence based campaigns
- Extensive knowledge of social policies including funding opportunities in this area
- Good written, presentation and communication skills, and able to represent the institute at high net-worth events
- Strong strategic planning, problem solving and execution skills with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, coaching, mentoring and people management skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with an ability to engage with others to achieve positive results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport across various stakeholders and effectively communicate and interact with top level management.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online