|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Director – Loss Prevention
Job Number: 21083824
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Category: Loss Prevention & Security
Brand: Marriott International, Inc.
Position Type: Management
- Manages security/loss prevention operations on a daily basis.
- Areas of responsibilities include protection of property assets, employees, guests and property, accident and fire prevention and response.
- Ensures that all areas of the property are safe and secure.
- Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance of the department.
Core Work Activities
Managing Security / Loss Prevention Operations:
- Assists in the development and implementation of emergency procedures.
- Conducts investigation of all losses of property assets and refers to proper management for disposition.
- Deploys security staff to effectively monitor and protect property assets.
- Comply with all Corporate Loss Prevention safety and security management guidelines and procedures.
- Conduct periodic patrols of entire property and parking areas.
- Recognize success across areas of responsibility.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Identifies and makes recommendations for minimizing physical hazards and unsafe work practices.
- Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
- Maintains required reports and documentation regarding patrols of property and parking areas.
- Provides means for obtaining necessary medical attention on a timely basis.
Leading Security/Loss Prevention Teams:
- Attends pre- and post-convention and weekly forecast meetings to understand group needs and gather critical information to communicate to Loss Prevention officers.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service:
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Meet quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
- Incorporates guest safety and satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Assists in minimizing cost of accident claims through aggressive claims management.
- Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
- Completes proper documentation and reports all employee accident and general liability incidents to Claims Reporting Service.
- Conducts hourly employee performance appraisals according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Complete disciplinary procedures and documentation according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Administer property policies fairly and consistently.
- Maintain first aid and CPR certifications required for Loss Prevention officers.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
- Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Develops and maintains a working relationship with local law enforcement authorities.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area OR
- 2-year Degree from an accredited University in Criminal Justice or related major; 2 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.