|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Hugo is a Future-of-Work company. We build and manage remote teams in black communities for some of the world’s largest technology and media companies. We specialize in end-to-end machine learning data annotation and omnichannel support solutions that ultimately yield more inclusive outcomes for both black communities globally and our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, People Strategy & Operations
Location: Lagos (Remote)
- We are embarking on an exciting period of rapid people growth across our organization.
- To support this growth, we are seeking a dynamic, strategic, hands-on Director of People Strategy & Operations to vision, develop, and own our end to end people/workforce strategy.
- As an outsourcing company, our product is our people, so this is first and foremost, a strategy role.
- The successful candidate will play a key role in our mission to build the world’s most sophisticated workforce, by ensuring that our people are relevant and engaged, and that our organization is positioned to attract the best and brightest Africa has to offer.
- The ideal candidate is someone who thrives given an open canvas and can successfully bring new ideas to life.
- Organizational Design & Branding. Work alongside the company’s founders and all divisions to develop and deploy the company’s people strategy and scaling roadmap. Build with a focus on employer positioning, organizational design, competency mapping, leadership development, performance measurement, succession planning, and change management.
- Talent Acquisition & Engagement. At Hugo, our product is people. As such, we’re focused on attracting only the best at every level of the organization so that each new hire elevates our talent bar. You will lead the development of systems for the end-to-end recruiting process, optimizing our talent funnel, candidate evaluation, candidate experience, and new hire success rates.
- Talent Development: This comprises, but not limited to, learning opportunities, recognition, psychological safety at work, mentorship, career growth with clear career ladders, transparency and timeliness in employee communications, access to “giving back to communities” opportunities, and compensation aligned to the company’s success.
- Culture and Engagement. As a people company that plans to scale beyond 10,00 FTEs over the next 7 years, culture and entrenchment will determine our success. You will co-define and drive the permeation of our culture, which values excellence over “anyhowness” above all else. To propagate this, you will create and implement systems that are grounded in transparency and equity within the organization.
- People Analytics. As a growing remote-work company with fewer in-person interactions than the norm, robust people-performance and analytics programs must be developed. This will begin with the production of actionable people-data by the Company.
- Process Implementation, Foundation Building and Compliance: Design, implement and optimize systems and processes to support all People objectives while communicating, delivering, and refining all initiatives as they relate to People and Culture. Own employee relations and compliance, and ensure Hugo is up to date on best practices and employment law. Leverage the best technology across the People spectrum to drive efficiency throughout the function.
- World-Class People Function: Recruit, manage, and coach a team to deliver world-class service to support the continued growth of the business. Instill a pervasive culture of user-design, coaching, collaboration, inclusiveness and real-time feedback within your direct reports and across the Hugo organization.
- M.Sc or MBA from a top-tier global program required.
- Prior investment banking or management consulting experience strongly preferred.
- Proven experience leading and delivering special projects in organizational design and change management.
- Experience creating and implementing pragmatic and business-focused people-related programs and initiatives.
- Strong organizational, business acumen, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability in stakeholder management.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data, and make data-driven decisions.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, performance management, and employment laws.
- Strategic and creative.
- Satisfied only when an idea is successfully executed.
- Data driven.
- You bring immediate credibility to the role through strong academic qualifications and professional experience.
- Leadership: Passionate, high integrity leader who can inspire an entire organization. Possesses the energy, sincerity and drive to engage and build meaningful relationships, grounded in trust, with a diverse and distributed team. Genuinely excited to spend time “in the business”, with the team, and always understands the “pulse” of the team. Balances inspiration and accountability. Embodies and drives the core values. Leads with calm during times of stress.
- Growth/Optimization/Scale Mindset: Able to not only develop a strategy but also lead the organization in its execution. Eager to take on new challenges with an open and winning- mindset, while respecting team, peers, and leaders. Possesses the problem-solving ability to lead the charge on tackling complex issues. Leverages data and analytics to drive business decision-making.
- Ownership and Mastery of Craft: Focused on outcomes. Able to deliver on commitments while installing the right amount of process to enable steady performance. Flexible in approach to deliver quality and excellence, in the face of high growth and unexpected twists and turns. A relentless execution expert with confidence in her/his expertise in core areas. Always learning, optimizing and improving.
- Collaboration and Influencing: Demonstrates the gravitas, willingness, and ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization. Facilitates connection and collaboration across the business. Brings the “playbook” to the table but has the flexibility and humbleness to adapt to business and stakeholder needs. Will contribute skill and experience with generosity, and be willing to work with anyone to drive real business impact. Balances strong quantitative and analytical skills with the emotional intelligence needed to influence organizational outcomes.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurialism: Able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Relentless focus on improvement and raising the bar. Balances scrappiness and execution with business maturity, prioritization and thoughtfulness. Is curious, agile, a self-starter and welcomes challenge as a conduit to improvement. Can be creative with resources and has a history of getting things done in complex environments.
What We Offer
- A competitive total compensation package.
- A business model that makes sense for Africa.
- A high-calibre, fun team committed to the continent.
- Large-scale, measurable impact.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online