The Federal Polytechnic, Idah, formerly Idah College of Technology, is a federal government-owned tertiary education institution that was established in 1977 in Idah, Kogi State. It is approved by the National Board for Technical Education and it also offers National Diploma and Higher National Diploma courses at undergraduate levels with the aim of training competitive manpower for development.
The Governing Council of the Federal Polytechnic, Idah hereby invites interested and suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position below:
Job Title: Director, Physical Planning
Location: Idah, Kogi
- The Director, Physical Planning must be a person of high integrity who demonstrate transparency in public and private lives and likely to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the Polytechnic
- They must also be receptive to new ideas and willing to translate them into action in line with the vision and mission of the Polytechnic.
- The Director of Physical Planning is a Management staff answerable to the Rector on the Physical Planning Development of the Polytechnic
- He/She heads the Directorate of Physical Planning and responsible for the coordination and supervision of physical developmental projects, ensures quality and standard of the infrastructures of the Polytechnic.
Qualifications and Experience
Interested candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Good honours Degree in Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Building or Civil Engineering from a recognised University.
- Possession of Master’s Degree, Ph.D will be an added advantage.
- Membership and registration with relevant professional bodies
- Minimum of 15 years cognate work experience and five of which must be on the rank of Chief Architect or equivalent. Chief Quantity Surveyor or equivalent or Chief Engineer or equivalent as the case may be in a tertiary institution
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of relevant softwares
- Vast knowledge of public procurement process and project management.
Terms of Appointment
- Salary is CONTEDISS 15
- Other terms and conditions of appointment are as provided by the conditions of service of the Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria or the Governing Council of the Polytechnic.
Application Closing Date
26th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified Applicants are to attach to their Applications, 20 type-written copies of their claimed qualifications and Curriculum Vitae, in the following order:
- Full names (Surname, First and Other name(s)
- Date and place of birth
- State of origin and Local Goverment Area
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- Current postal address including phone number(s) and e-mail address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Registration and membership of professional bodies
- Honours and distinctions (if any)
- Previous employer(s) and post(s) held with dates
- Present employment to include status and any other relevant experience
- Names and addresses of three referees who are to forward confidential reports directly to the address below.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Application for the Post of Director, Physical Planning” at the top left hand corner and addressed to:
The Federal Polytechnic, Idah,
P.M.B. 1037, Idah,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.