|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
TeamApt is Nigeria’s largest Agency banking operator and is now building the largest digital bank offering financial services products tailored to meet the needs of the underserved mass market – micropayments, savings, lending, insurance, pensions – using technology and low-cost offline distribution models. We believe providing financial access to the over 350 million Africans who are currently financially underserved will economically empower them and put them on a path to becoming the next generation of middle-class Africans.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Dispute Resolution Officer
Job Type: Full time
- Unauthorized transactions, fraudulent transactions, and erroneous transactions are unfortunate but common trends in financial applications.
- Customers erroneously transfer funds to the wrong recipients, unauthorized transactions are made from customers’ accounts or unexpected system errors result in funds being in the wrong hands.
- When any of these happen, there’s a need to recover funds from the affected customers or institutions, hence the need for a Dispute Resolution Officer.
- Dispute Resolution Officers will be responsible for tracking, monitoring and managing the recovery process for transactions in the categories listed above.
- Dispute Resolution Officers will be able to analyse transactions for anomalous patterns in a bid to proactively identify erroneous transactions and take necessary actions promptly to prevent or minimize loss and reputational damage to the financial institution.
- On identification of erroneous transactions via reports from external sources or observation of transactions, Dispute Resolution Officers would work with relevant institutions or customers towards funds recovery. These institutions would include banks, and local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
- As this role involves communication with multiple stakeholders, customers and banking partners, and management of financial transactions, this role requires excellent communication skills, critical and creative thinking skills, strong analytical skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Success in this role is recovering as much funds as possible, and keeping accurate records of recovery exercises.
- Researches transactional anomalies and analyzes information produced to detect any patterns of unusual internal or external conduct, identify risk policy breakdowns, and recognize fraudulent activities.
- Manages a high volume caseload and investigates allegations and issues pertaining to financial fraud.
- Documents investigations, including preliminary and final case reports, for both internal tracking and regulatory reporting purposes.
- Maintains liaison relationships with local, state and federal Law Enforcement and prosecutes suspects that conduct criminal activity. Attends court hearings when required.
- Works with various departments to identify and eliminate fraud in an expeditious manner to minimize loss to the Credit Union and its’ members.
- Performs account and loan reviews of credit union members and employees as warranted to control existing fraud risks.
- Builds relationships with Compliance and Legal Departments, effectively communicating and transferring information for case investigations.
- Responsible for developing investigative plans, gathering and evaluating facts, conducting investigative interviews, writing investigative reports, handling calls of an emergency nature, and interacting with the law enforcement/intelligence community.
- Effectively communicates and provides fraud/investigative reporting with team members, leaders, and others involved in the credit union system.
- Assists team members of front-line and back-office functions with questions/concerns on identified instances of fraud or potential fraud and provides guidance to team members on the appropriate course of action.
- Creates and delivers fraud training to all staff for organization-wide fraud awareness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Banking or related field required
- Minimum of Two (2) years of experience as a Dispute Resolution Officer, Fraud Analyst or related role is required.
- Experience with electronic investigations including but not limited to online banking.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online