|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Education Officer – OTL
Requisition ID: req21041
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Reports to: Programs Manager(Borno)
- The International Rescue Committee (IRC), in partnership with Plan International, the American University in Nigeria (AUN), Inclusive Development Partners (IDP), and Restoration of Hope Initiative (ROHI) is implementing a five-year USAID-funded education programme called ‘Opportunities to Learn’ in Borno and Yobe States between October 2021 and October 2026.
- The Programme intends to ensure more than 193,854 OOSC and youth in Borno and Yobe States are safely able to gain foundational literacy, numeracy, and social and emotional learning (SEL) skills to progress to higher levels of education, training, and or engagement in the workforce.
- The Senior Education Officer, based in Maiduguri, will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of OTL activities as per work plan in Borno State.
- Responsible for overseeing the team of Education Officers’ day-to-day implementation of the OTL activities.
- Works with state-based program officers on TPD, safety, youth, and inclusion to ensure harmonized implementation approaches.
- Enhances coordination, documentation, and reporting across the state’s LGEAs to support information management.
- Ensures Education Officers have needed training and resources to support clients in given LGEAs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Education, International Development, or related field is required.
- Minimum four years of experience implementing complex projects that work to promote access to quality education for children and youth.
- Minimum two years of project management experience; word with USAID-funded programs preferred.
- Experience working with CBOs, CSOs, and government education actors in NE Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online