MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineer – Customer Acquisition, Information Technology
Job Identification: 1794
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Job Schedule: Full time
Reports To: Manager – Operations Customer Management
Division: Information Technology
- Assist in developing maintenance plans per application and carry out the maintenance of applications, re-configuring, building and testing components in accordance with OLAs and SLAs.
- Code applications in accordance with good security coding practices to ensure the application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities.
- Create and execute/coordinate technical test plans for application change, new deployment and upgrades.
- Participate in transitions of the application or technical architecture components to the testers.
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
- Continuous monitoring of Service Performance to ensure maximum service availability
- Effective management of changes to minimize service disruption and maximize service availability and quality
- Effectively work with other dependent teams such as Vendors, Service Management, Security team, Delivery and Engineering team, other Operations teams.
- Provide information timely for Audits and Security requests and ensure any gaps raised are closed
- Effective access controls to supported systems.
- Broad knowledge of the business processes within the Telecommunications sector.
- Specialized knowledge of IT support procedures, application construction, hardware technologies, systems integration and development techniques.
- Regular Stakeholder Engagement to understand business drivers and ensure system availability and performance to support the business.
- Work with other developers, designers, and architects to make sure that the configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals.
- Ensure Incident and Problem resolution within SLAs
- First Degree in Computer Science or any related discipline
- UNIX shell scripting
- Application Developer/Business Intelligence
- PL/SQL and RDBMS knowledge
- Fluent in English.
- 3 – 7 years’ experience which includes:
- 2 to 3 years of experience in IT Development or IT Operations
- Experience working in a medium or large organization
- Working knowledge of:
- Project management principles, Agile principles and general technical management
- Broad knowledge base of application development using an array of application development tools
- Service Monitoring
- Application development lifecycles
- User Requirements analysis standards and methods
- DEVOPS Practices and Tools
- Managing Cloud Services and Licenses.
Application Closing Date
19th December, 2022 (11:59 PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online