Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client, a fast-rising News Broadcasting organization, is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Entertainment Anchor
Employment Type: Full Time
- They are looking to hire an Entertainment Anchor/ Presenter to join the Entertainment Desk. As an Entertainment news anchor, you will work closely with reporters and will be responsible for gathering information, broadcasting newscasts, and interviewing guests.
- Ultimately, you should be able to follow current events and present entertainment news stories to audiences in an informative, interesting, and unbiased way.
- Providing a daily editorial backbone for anchor-flagging entertainment news and elements to keep the anchor abreast of the latest storylines.
- Pitching, researching, planning show segments and digital & social media projects as needed.
- Identifying new reporting, video and graphic elements and helping to research and produce segments.
- Crafting compelling questions and producing elements that spark entertainment debate and marrying them together in a smart segment structure.
- Collaborating with newsgathering and research teams.
- Expected to pitch unique guests/angles for biggest stories of day
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in proven industry experience
- Entertainment news background required/
- Entertainment show hosting and digital experience is a plus.
- Two (2) years plus of broadcast producing/writing, reporting or newsgathering experience preferred.
- Desktop and digital editing skills.
- Ability to produce quality work quickly and in an organized manner.
- Excellent writing and researching skills – style, language, accuracy and balance.
- Ability to think quickly during breaking entertainment news,
- Ability to adapt to program and anchor style.
- Attitude – must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
- Strong production vision – ability to envision a segment or package and turn it into reality.
- Self-starter – ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
- Field production work and experience working and coordinating with all necessary staff outside in the field and remote locations.
Competitive along with other benefits
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Further assessments will be required.