Heifer International does so much more than put food in the mouths of hungry people. Heifer helps people feed themselves. The goal of every Heifer project is sustainability – project partners achieving self-reliance
And year after year, as partner families Pass on the Gift of knowledge and one or more of their animals’ offspring to others in need, they become links in a network of hope, dignity and self-reliance that helps hundreds of others care for themselves
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Job ID: 413
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Category: Executive Management
- The Executive Assistant will interact with all levels within the organization and serves as liaison between the Vice President of Africa and other senior leaders, direct reports and individuals both internal and external to the organization.
- This individual is the Vice President of Africa’s first point of contact.
- The Executive Assistant represents the Vice President of Africa and acts with responsibility of action within pre-agreed limits.
- The Executive Assistant may make decisions on behalf of the Vice President of Africa understanding the potential impact of the actions taken.
- This position will handle confidential information relevant to the strategy of the business as well as other confidential matters.
- The Executive Assistant understands the needs of the Vice President of Africa and proactively predicts the best course of action to get the job done.
- The Executive Assistant demonstrates flexibility as the role shifts daily based on business priorities.
Essential Character Traits:
- Action oriented and ability to drive results; ability to collaborate and communicate effectively; ability to manage complexity and conflict, ability to make quality decisions, ability to plan and align, resourceful; great situational adaptability; demonstrates ability to instill trust
- Committed to Heifer’s strategic vision and values; organized and detail oriented; great communication skills; thrives in a team environment; ability to work through complex problems; maintains a positive attitude; service oriented; resilient.
- Proactively manage an accurate calendar for the Vice President, including online scheduling of internal and external, domestic and international appointments and meetings.
- Ensure the Vice President is well supported in communications including development of Vice President communication content, messages and presentations; responses to written, oral and electronic inquiries; screened and prioritized correspondence, reports, presentations and other information for internal and external use.
- Oversees the provision of administrative support to the Vice President’s office including contract management and travel arrangements.
- Serve as liaison and representative of the Vice President to internal and external stakeholders.
- Design, manage and lead day-to-day operations of the Africa Regional Office at the direction of the Vice President of Africa
- Establish procedures for the successful implementation of Regional Office priorities – on time, on scope, on budget.
- Manage day-to-day financial management of invoices, credit card statements and/or other account payables.
- Work to develop and improve business processes across the Regional Office through management of routine processes, including liaison with other regional office staff and departments within the organization.
- Support Regional Office developments within region and across the broader organization through representation and interpretation of new initiatives and developments.
- May perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics or Business with a Master’s Degree is preferred.
- 10 years’ work experience including working for an international organization in a senior role in PR, Administration or Human resources.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at an Executive assistant position or similar, reporting directly to senior management and supporting strategic business functions.
- Advanced Microsoft skills with an ability to become familiar with organizational specific programs and software.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- interpersonal skills and friendly and professional demeanor.
- Experience working with a remote workforce and operating efficiently in a virtual environment.
- At least 2 years executive-level leadership experience.
- Strong understanding of finance and budgeting.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Demonstrate deep understanding of Heifer’s core mission and values and the regional and global context in which we operate.
- Skills in managing across complex work, bringing structure, prioritization and applying project management skills; detail oriented.
- Be a team player. Proven ability to build deep and lasting relationships with a variety of internal partners, with whom no direct line supervision exists.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully, and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people, especially in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understanding the comprehensive and strategic agenda of the Africa Region work while also seeing the implications for details of operations and translating that to action.
- Ability to quickly assess and prioritize competing interests, such that those which are most important are given the direct attention of the Vice President, including the ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently, and use sound judgment and discretion.
- Be a problem solver – work in a solution-oriented way, exploring and deploying technologies appropriately to ensure the operations and broader dissemination of Africa Region work and materials.
- Ability to command attention and respect in formal and informal meetings or presentations, coupled with professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to promote Heifer with external representatives as a part for Heifer Africa’s senior leadership.
- Strong scheduling, e-mail and Internet/Intranet skills.
- Demonstrated experience and success holding prior positions that required high level of sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Extensive experience using computers as a tool for word processing, communications and organizing. Must possess demonstrable skills using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to be proactive in anticipating any needs of the Vice President and Regional team and collaborators.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines, establish priorities and make sound judgments often in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility, energy, and attention to detail needed to manage a heavy workload and rapidly changing contexts.
- Ability to proofread correspondence for correct punctuation and grammar, and produce documents in a well-designed, attractive format with impeccable attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Heifer Project International (Heifer) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.