Farm Production Manager-Organics Recruitment 2021 is ongoing as jobs and career vacancies open for interested and suitably qualified candidates. Apply for Quebec Food Processing Industrial Parks Limited Job Recruitment slated to closed within the specified application deadline. This is a start-up Agro, Food and Tropical Fruits production and processing investment firm duly registered with the corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) with RC: 1710593.
The Company is envisioned to deal on all-around agricultural production, processing, marketing, distribution, agro export investments and the company is poised to develop, own and manage Agro-processing industrial Parks in the state based on our business model that gears towards creating direct/indirect jobs for both local farmers and Agriculture-major related graduates through the setting up of enormous processing plants with major aim of reducing the massive unemployment rate in Nigeria and bring-in new investment opportunities in the agric sector.
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidates for Farm Production Manager-Organics Recruitment 2021 at Quebec Food Processing
Job Title: Farm Production Manager – Organics
Employment Type: Full-time
- To grow, harvest, cool, process and ship millions of cartons of fresh vegetables to retailers, wholesalers and food service customers. What sets us apart is our seed to sales approach. We control the entire process, ensuring consistent high quality produce year round.
- We are currently looking to add a Farm Production Manager Organics to our team. As the Farm Production Manager Organics you will be responsible for the efficiency and growth of production plans.
- Our production starts from the seed and continues until our high quality product is sold. You will manage production personnel and must ensure that they are trained accordingly, and follow company and safety standards.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage, direct, and organize daily, and weekly production plans; look to increase efficiency and productivity
- Oversee production personnel to ensure compliance with company policies and safety procedures
- Track labor and product yields daily
- Verify accuracy and quality of product
- Partner with Quality Assurance and Food Safety to ensure all areas are in compliance with production and safety processes
- Supervise all tractor drivers and irrigators daily
- Ensure and improve employee safety knowledge through trainings and communications
- Troubleshoot quality issues
- Monitor organic sites on daily basis; track soil health and water quality
- Oversee equipment, and organize repairs and maintenance
- Responsible for Department Budget
- Responsible for Organic Crops from Seed to Sale
- Responsible for working closely with Harvest Crews
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Agriculture or work experience equivalent working in Vegetable Production (preferably experience with Organic Production) 3 + years
- Extensive experience and a proven track record with organic vegetable production. 3 years
- Experience with Harvest Crews
- Experience with creating Department Budget and working within budget perimeters
- Experience with full scope of Organic Crops from Seed to Sale
- Good people skills with the ability to teach and learn financial analysis, planning, recordkeeping, and labor management skills
- Ability to encourage and motivate crews
- Knowledge of soil and nutrient management, crop rotation and succession planting, plant pathology, pest and weed management and post harvesting handling
- Supervisory Experience
- Multi-task oriented and organized
- Ability to contribute ideas on how to expand and diversify the operation
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with computer skills (Excel, Word, Email)
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Language: English, Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa
- Our Ideal candidate should have an extensive produce background, with knowledge of crop management; including soil, crop rotation, succession planting, weed management, harvesting etc. They work well with people, have great problem solving skills, and know how to motivate others.
NGN 720,000 – 960,000 Annually.
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2021.