Federal Ministry of Environment Recruitment 2021 is ongoing as vacancies open for suitably qualified candidates. Apply for Federal Ministry of Environment Jobs Recruitment which is slated to close immediately the deadline elapses. The Ministry, through the Department of Climate Change invites applications from suitable candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: FCT, Abuja
The Federal Republic of Nigeria, through the Department of Climate Change in the Federal Ministry of Environment, submitted a Readiness Proposal to the Green Climate Fund (GCF) for a project to build capacity to advance National Adaptation Plan (NAP) process in Nigeria. The Proposal has been approved with the UN Environment as the Delivery Partner for the project, with the role of supporting and overseeing the project implementation.
The project entitled “Strengthening Nigeria’s Capacity to Advance the NAP Process” will be implemented by a small project team headed by a National Coordinator. The new NAP project will support multi-sectoral, medium- to long-term adaptation planning and budgeting in Nigeria and promote the integration of climate change adaptation aspects into development planning processes and policies. Systems for developing and sharing climate risk and vulnerability information will be reinforced, and sustainable financing mechanisms for climate change adaptation initiatives are set to be developed.
The Paris Agreement (2015) in its global goal on adaptation (Article 7) brought new elements and dimension to the climate change adaptation. Namely, enhancing adaptive capacity, strengthening resilience and reducing vulnerability to climate change. with a view to contributing to sustainable development and ensuring an adequate adaptation response in the context of the global temperature limit of less than 2°C. The UNFCCC’s Least Developed Expert Group (LEG) on adaptation released Guidelines for National Adaptation Plans (December 2012). Furthermore, the Green Climate Fund (GCF) has issued guidance on adaptation planning approaches.
- Keep the accounting records of the project;
- Arrange and archive accounting records in an appropriate manner in accordance with UN International Accounting Standards and Procedures Manual and the provisions of the Financing Agreements;
- Under the supervision of the National NAP Coordinator, prepare quarterly, mid-year and annual financial reports of the project at the established frequency and forward them no later than the fifteenth day at the end of each reporting period, while ensuring prior control of all financial information;
- Regularly monitor the financial implementation of the project within the approved budget and in accordance with the provisions of UN Environment and the provisions of the financing agreements;
- Carry out the year-end inventory (fixed assets, inventories, depreciation);
- Carry out the closing of the accounts at the end of the year;
- Prepare and facilitate the conduct of annual project audits, and improve internal control procedures by taking into account audit recommendations;
- A Degree in Accounts, Finance or related field.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 3 years professional experience.
Additional Competencies Required:
- Analytical skills, initiative, sound judgement, results-oriented and efficiency in a multitasking environment.
- Good inter-personal and teamwork skills, networking attitude, ability to work in multicultural environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in complex situations
- Ability to work in an independent manner, set priorities and organize the workflow efficiently.
- Willingness to travel around the country to coordinate, attend and monitor project activities
- Full working knowledge of English, including excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Very good computer skills and ability to use information technology as a tool and resource.
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communication skills in English.
Application Closing Date
7th May, 2021.
Method of Application for Federal Ministry of Environment Recruitment 2021
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application which should contain their Cover Letter explaining why they are the most suitable candidate for the position with relevant credentials to:
The Office of the Director,
Department of Climate Change,
Plot 444 Aguiyi Ironsi Street,