The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Office Coordinator
Location: Biu – Borno South
Level: Grade Level 7 Step 1 (Nigerian National)
Reports to: Area Manager
Travel: 25% travel to other implementing communities
Duration and type of contract: 6-months (till December 31st 2021)
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015 in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country.
- NRC currently has a full team based in Yola Area Office, Field Offices in Borno and Adamawa states and a coordination office in Abuja.
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods & Food Security (LFS); Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education and Camp Management, Camp Coordination (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- NRC is looking for a Field Office Coordinator for our Biu Field Office in Borno-South Nigeria. The purpose of the Field Office Coordinator position is to support the Area Manager by ensuring high quality and cost effective programme/project implementation within the designated geographical area of Biu
- The Fielf Office Coordinator reports to the Area Manager – Borno South & Adamawa State.
Application Closing Date
6th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start/commencement.