We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership and partnerships.
We need an individual who is innovative, committed, audacious, accountable, passionate with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team within the capacity below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Job Code: FIN006
Grant Duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance
- We are in search of innovative, creative and self-motivated communication talents with outstanding analytical, financial interpretation, meticulous and focused accounting professionals with proven track record in financial management.
- Ensure all approved payment requests are processed on timely basis into the Tally ERP 9 software, checks/ EFT raised for posted transactions and properly supported with accurate documentations.
- Support in overall financial matters including timely retirements of expenses and completion of monthly reports for the state.
- Support in generating activity budgets and reviewing office cash float documentations.
- Support in managing the financial and Sub-contract operations in the state office, monitor Sub-recipient expenses per approved budget line and ensure compliance with U.S.G rules and regulation and other donor rules and regulation as applicable.
- Support in implementation of corrective actions emanating from review of State office financial and administrative records and internal control systems. Supports updating and maintenance of information in the fixed asset register.
- Attend to any other assigned task
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or in related field.
- Minimum of one year in financial management, accounting, and administration working experience with an international NGO working with USG funding is an added advantage.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook and other computer-based applications.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills combined with the ability to work collaboratively with program staff and stakeholders across organizational boundaries;
Application Closing Date
14th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME; e.g. Finance Assistant FIN006 – Lagos, CLEMENTINA OGBEH.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received
- Females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply.