|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Requisition ID: req19329
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- The International Rescue Committee has been in Nigeria since October 2012 and came in response to a widespread flood disaster. IRC’s Emergency Response Team, with local partner, Civil Society Coalition for Poverty Eradication (CISCOPE), implemented projects to support food security, livelihoods, nutrition, and WASH in Kogi State. Beginning of January 2014, IRC shifted its geographical location to the Northeast, in Adamawa state to provide a humanitarian response to the conflict-affected populations. In the Northeast, IRC has three operational offices: Yola and Mubi field offices in Adamawa state and Maiduguri field office in Borno state-with the latter office opened in October 2015. In both states, IRC is providing humanitarian support to internally displaced populations hosted in IDP camps, camp-like settings, host communities, and returnee populations.
- The IRC Nigeria country program is implementing multi-sectoral interventions in the sectors of Health and Nutrition; Environmental Health; Child Protection; Education; Women’s Protection and Empowerment; Food Security and Livelihoods and Protection. Most of these programs are driven in partnership with strategic local NGOs. Currently, the IRC is expanding programs in Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe state to address the needs of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and host communities in recently liberated LGAs.
Job Overview / Summary
- The Finance Assistant is to assist the Finance officer by managing the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, responsible for Cash processing and record-keeping of the day-to-day transactions in accordance with IRC policy and procedures.
- To assist the Finance Officer in ensuring that timely and accurate payments are made.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of payment documents in compliance with IRC and Donor policies and procedure
- Coordinate with district teams for advance issuance and their timely adjustment of advances & Training documentation.
- Ensure completeness of supporting documents in all respect which includes authenticity of signatures, cross-checking attendance sheets, and verifying payments to be made
- Posting all vouchers into the transaction spreadsheet on daily basis for review by the Finance Officer. Ensure that all information in the spreadsheet is correct and complete.
- Processing of petty cash transactions on daily basis. Ensure petty cash is replenished on time to meet daily cash needs. Carry out cash count as per the IRC policy and schedule. Document the cash count sheets for records.
- Prepare all payments and make sure that they are properly coded and supported with relevant necessary documents.
- Assist Finance office in monthly bank & account reconciliation.
- Ensure all the financial documents are properly filed & tagged.
- Paid stamping of all the invoices and related documents before filing.
- Ensure timely preparation of tax & deposit into the bank.
- Visit Bank for necessary collection & submission of financial documents.
- Photocopies & scanning of all necessary documents/Instruments.
- Perform any other task assign by the line manager.
- Act at all times in accordance with local law and standards of accounting practice.
- Review budget with the aim of gaining a clear understanding of budget guidelines and instructions
- Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
- Provide training to program staff on finance issues.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports to be reviewed by your supervisor.
- HND or a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from a recognized College / Institutions
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional accounting experience.
- INGO Finance experience is highly desired.
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Able to work in high-pressure situations, solve problems and resolve conflicts.
- Able to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to coach and support others.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Computer literate with significant knowledge/experience in excel.
- Fluency in local context language is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English.
- The position will be based in Mubi.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to:
- Finance Officer
Position directly supervises:
- Finance Manager.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct.
- These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.
- In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.