First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Business Partner
Job Identification: 641
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Duties & Responsibilities
- To conduct competitive bechmarking, environmental scanning and analysis to generate business insight and actionable recommendations for performance improvement in the business areas of oversight.
- To facilitate annual bottom up budgeting exercise and ensure adequate planning in the business areas of oversight.
- To identify and assess MIS issues affecting the business and ensure their correction and conclusinve resolution.
- To support the implementation and maintenance of an effective MIS (Management Information System) reporting process that is accurate and fair in presenitng business performnace.
- To ensure the integrity and completeness of acounts mapped to SBUs under oversight.
- To ensure the correctness of costs allocated and fairness of cost apportioned to SBU.
- To provide adhoc support to the SBU and prepare any reports as required.
- To coordinate all other efforts to enhance performance by the SBU.
- Prepare and analyze the following reports at least monthly and present same to SBUs/SRF at performance review sessions.
- Balance Sheet Review:
- Volume and growth analysis.
- Funding cost analysis (Deposit rates).
- Yield analysis.
- Product Analysis:
- Electronic & other Products Sales & Adoption.
- Non-Interest Income Analysis.
- Cash Transaction Analysis (Identify dumping).
- OPEX Analysis:
- Budget utilization
- Cost allocation vs apportionment
- Cost optimization
- Branch Operations Cost Analysis
- Big Spenders’ Cost Engagement
- Opportunities & Initiatives:
- Cross-sell and collaboration.
- Market & Environmental scanning.
- Strategic initiatives.
- Productivity Analysis.
- Loss-making branches.
- Facilitate the monthly performance review session with SBU/SRF Executives, to discuss the monthly performance report, issues (including cost apportionment, account remapping etc).
- Prepare and analyze monthly/quarterly performance position of the SRF/SBU, and facilitate robust performance dialogues with SBUs and SRFs.
- Facilitate performance clinic sessions with under-performing Business Maanagers and Relationship Managers and offer advise and guidance to improve business performance.
- Monitor and analyse income allocated to SBU and ensure the corrrectness and completeness of performance reports, including costs, revenues, volumes and products.
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement variance analysis.
- Provide periodic competitive analysis for business unit
- Participate in budgeting exercise to ensure adequate inputs and sensible assumptions by the SBU and budgeting teams
- Drive budget cascade to all Group Heads, Team Leads/ Business Development Managers, Business Managers and Relationship Managers and resolve all issues arising therefrom.
- Indentify and ensure full coverage of all individuals in SBU in scorecard and monthly performacne dashboard preparation.
- Identify and collate appropriate data for scorecard generation.
- Generate and communicate scorecards to all individuals in the SBU and SRF being covered.
- Drive adoption of issue management via the bank’s Helpdesk platform and BPM app as appliacble.
- Monitor staff movement, ensure account re-mapping wihin SBU and correct any errors or irregularities.
- Faciliate the resolution of all account mapping related issues and other inter-SBU disputes relating to ownership, income, value-chain, collaboration, cross-sell.
- Educate BM/RMs on peformance reports, strategic initiative, including new initiatives, dashboards and other reports.
- Assist the Business Partner Leads in resolving conflicts arising from scorecards, MIS, expense control, budget of SRF/SBU’s.
- Facilitate enlightenment/training sessions on scorecards and other performance initiatives.
- Facilitate inter-departmental engagements between SBUs and SRFs as may be required to drive business process efficiency or performance improvement
- Identify and implement process effectiveness and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Develop apps, reports and other tools to enable robus business engagement and administration.
- Maintain the Security of all Information entrusted to the staff.
- First Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Science or Engineering.
- Master’s Degree / Professional certification in Accounting or Finance.
- 10 years’ industry experience and at least 5 years in a MIS, Finance or accounting role.
- Experience in MIS (Management Information System).
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, MS access, SQL, etc.
- Experience in Finance or Accounting.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2022 (05:34 PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online