|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Clerk
Requisition ID: req28388
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Position Reports to: Finance Manager
Position Directly Supervises: No
Job Overview / Summary
- The Finance Assistant will be a key member of the Yobe finance team and will contribute towards the achievement of the field’s finance objectives.
- Under the direction of the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant maintains the cash books and is responsible for the accounts payable functions of the department.
- Maintain both hard and soft folders for VAT report, PAYE report, NSITF report and WHT Report.
- Ensure that all cash and bank payments documents are properly filed and stalled in the archive timely and accurately.
- Ensuring that cash and bank payment documents, TAFs, bid analysis are distributed to authorizer timely and in line with operating authorization matrix.
- Ensure accurate and timely retrieval of documents for audits as the audits come up.
- Ensure that all documents used for audit are accurately returned to appropriate boxes and stalled a soon as the audit is over.
- Support the finance assistant in Maintaining the receipt book and ensuring that authorized receipts are issued upon receipt of monies.
- Collect acknowledged VAT report submitted to FIRS monthly.
- Collection of NSITF receipt from the bank monthly
- Archiving of prior years’ finance documents.
- Diligent follow-up to ensure fully signed mandates are processed to vendor.
- Assist with capturing payments on Integra.
- Process All monthly statutory for payments.
- Experience in grants audit and government audit.
- Experience with tax reconciliations for annual returns.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
- HND / B.Sc in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 2 years working in the finance function.
- Experience working with NGOs (preferred but not a prerequisite);
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Knack for detail. Able to communicate effectively.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel,)
- Must be able to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with Program staff.
- Good supervisory skills, time management and interpersonal skills.
Key Working Relationships:
- Report to the Snr Finance Manager/Assistant Finance Controller any irregularities that occur within the IRC office, staff compound and sites on policy and procedures.
- Reports to the Finance office
- Regular and open communication with IRC staff from all departments and field offices.
- Represents the Yobe field office for cash withdrawal with external banks.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online