Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Coordinator (M/F)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Fixed-term contract
Duration: 6 Months
Starting date: As soon as possible
- Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you will provide leadership and management necessary to ensure programmatic and operational goals of the country mission are met through appropriate financial infrastructure and systems.
Strategic Financial Planning, Effective Budget and Financial Management:
- Support the general coordinator on strategic direction of the mission’s funding plan, operating budget and risks management.
- Take initiatives to build or enhance sound financial management and streamline operational spendings for cost accounting purposes.
- Prepare, revise and maintain operating budget and grant proposal budgets per assigned grant portfolio.
- Update grant pipelines and monthly projections, propose and prepare budget revisions.
- Identify and analyse any discrepancy and suggest solutions.
- Monitor overall budget consumption according to donors’ constraints and update regularly the Budget Follow-Up (BFF) tool.
Treasury and Accountancy:
- Be responsible for the cash provision and safe management across the different programs and bases.
- Assess the needs for the coming months, compile fund requests from each department to monitor cash flow management and submit to HQ.
- Ensure that payments are made in a timely and secure manner across all the country operations.
- Be responsible for the soft accountancy of all sites for both accounting & donor allocations.
- Be responsible for the update and implementation of the cash management protocols.
- Coordinate the closure of monthly accountancy in coordination with HQ
- Be responsible for all bank transactions.
Audit, Compliance and Reporting:
- Be responsible for the production of financial budget (proposals and reports) to donors.
- Ensures that copies or originals of all legal documents and contracts are sent to HQ.
- Develop, revise and implement specific financial procedures and guidelines
- Prepare, organise and supervise audits at field level, with the support of HQ
- Ensure internal financial procedures, systems, policies and controls are applied and complied with by all MdM’s staff members.
- Prepare financial reports and donor budgets (proposal, interim and final reports)
- Ensure all financial activities including payroll, income and other taxes are compliant with Nigerian laws.
- Ensure proper archiving of all financial documents.
- Be responsible of the HR sizing of the finance department.
- Be responsible for and supervise the overall recruitment and training of the finance department staff.
- Supervise the finance team in line with MdM Nigeria HR policies and procedures.
- Support and advise the finance team and other departments to ensure full understanding of their responsibilities regarding finance management.
- Train and build capacities of staff in the department.
Coordination, Partnership and Capacity Building:
- Participate in the monthly grants review meeting, provide financial information to the coordination team in order to monitor projects budget spending plan.
- Represent MdM with donors, by delegation of the general coordinator.
- Liaise with INGO finance directors in-country and actively participate in interagency coordination meetings.
- Provide strong oversight and support to MdM local partner and sub-grantee’s activities, including compliance with donor regulations and capacity building.
- Ensure the proper e-archiving of partners financial reports and accountancy.
- Provide strong oversight of MdM local partner activities, including compliance with donor regulations.
- Provide capacity building to MdM local partner to ensure full understanding of the financial responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related courses.
- Minimum 4 years professional experience in this field, preferably in an international NGO with multi-donor budgets.
- Experience in budget construction, analysis and monitoring.
- Knowledge in supply chain management is a plus.
- Demonstrated team management skills in a multicultural working environment Training and capacity-building experience.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, cross-group collaboration compliance, proactive and innovative approach.
- Strategic thinker with excellent good problem solving, decision making and follow-up skills Excellent multi-tasking, organised, and hands-on experience with high achievement.
- Self-starter with drive and initiative and able to work as a team with a positive attitude and open-minded.
- Considerate and deliberate in dealing with people with good negotiation skills.
- Deadline oriented and excellent service mind.
- Ability to work in unstable and volatile environment as well as conduct regular field monitoring visits.
- Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAGA required.
- Languages : Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory.
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
2,860 Euros monthly (Gross).
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation.)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
- Single posting.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online