|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC).
The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, and nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. From the launch of the health care services in February 2017 to the end of April 2018, a total of 119 913 OPD consultations were reached in Bolori II, while more than 60.000 beneficiaries have been reached by our cash project.
In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II. In the month of October 2018 only, more than 3.500 households have received door to door visit from the PCO team. In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to reach the vulnerable population in Kukawa and Kroskawa LGA.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno (Coordination Office)
Start Date: ASAP
- Under the line management of the Deputy Finance Coordinator, the Finance officer assists the Deputy Finance Coordinator in all the activities related to finance and cash management.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Treasury & Cash Follow-up:
- Control the management of the petty cash
- Ensure that the daily physical inventory of the petty cash is accurate, and report any discrepancies to his/her line manager
- Ensure availability of cash at coordination level and forecast any cash issue
- Prepare the weekly cash forecast and request at coordination level
- Prepare and validate any checks done at coordination level
- Monitor due dates for payments of contracts
- Follow-up with regular payments
- Guarantee security of the cash and confidentiality of information.
Finance & Accounting Management:
- Check, before recording any entry, that the invoices are compliant with PUI’s regulations and procedures
- Record all expenses made through bank in the excel books on a daily basis, and to properly fill in the information needed (date, accounting code, project, budget code, etc.)
- Monitor the voucher process, and the quality of archiving of the invoices, as per the donor’s rules and regulations
- Guarantee the quality of the archiving process at coordination level
- Consolidate and check the accuracy of data of coordination accountancy
- Prepare the monthly accounting closure for the coordination
- Participate in the consolidation of budget follow-ups
- Prepare the weekly financial forecast of the coordination, compile it, and send it to the Finance Coordinator for validation
- Collect all invoices exempted from the VAT
- Issue a monthly With Holding Tax report
- Prepare the bank reconciliation at the end of each month
- Prepare the annual closing documents for the coordination
- Prepare the external audit visits (donor and coordination visits).
- When required, provide support to the finance team of the different bases
- When requested, support the deputy finance coordinator in finance staff recruitment.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs. The employee could be requested to perform other tasks as his/her line manager may judge necessary.
Priorities of the Department:
- To follow in a timely manner the monthly accountancy calendar
- To implement successfully bank payment to reduce cash payment as much as possible
- To ensure the accountancy hard copies quality.
- Education Degree: University Degree in Finance, Accounting or another relevant Degree
- Work experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in similar field (NGOs/private companies)
- Language skills: Fluent in English and Hausa, Kanuri is appreciated
- Knowledge and skills: Good analytical and writing skills
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Accounting and finance.
- Well organized
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Team Management
- Able to manage stress and pressure.
Application Closing Date
4:00 pm: 20th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The job is Open to Nigeria Nationals Only (Male/Female).