|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) is an organization charged with the responsibility of facilitating the development and management of the policies and strategies of all sectors to ensure the human, financial and organizational resources to support the successful execution of the national HIV/AIDS response programme in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer to Provide Technical Assistance to NASCP Accounts / Finance Unit
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 12 months
Starting Date: October, 2021.
- The core responsibility and mandate of the National AIDS Control Programme (NASCP) is to coordinate the formulation and effective implementation of National Policies, Guidelines and Standard operating procedures for the biomedical prevention and treatment of HIV, STIs and Viral Hepatitis.
- With the re-establishment of the NTPP and recent selection of NASCP as a sub-recipient of the Nigeria 2021-2023 Global Fund grant, there is a need to further strengthen the Account/Finance Unit of the organization.
- The objective of the engagement of a Finance Officer is to support the National AIDS and STIs Control Programme (NASCP) to carry out all the Financial procedures required to successfully account for all the funds it receives for implementation of HIV health sector activities.
Support the NASCP Finance Team lead to:
- Manage all project assets and stock items, ensuring a satisfactory level of accountability and internal control at all times;
- Monitor accurate cashbooks for all the bank accounts;
- Training, capacity building and transfer of knowledge
- Ensure regular and timely update and payment using Remita platform
- Ensure regular and timely bank reconciliation and following up on all reconciling items;
- Review the retirements of advances to staff to ensure that advances are retired with acceptable documentation and vouchers,
- Follow up on staff advances to ensure timely retirement including necessary refund of unspent funds;
- Review existing advance policy for effectiveness and where required, propose new strategies for effective advance management;
- Ensure advances to suppliers do not exceed the stipulated limit in the Procurement manual;
- Compare the balance of all unretired advances to the total advances within the period to identify trends and report unusual patterns;
- Regular review of insurance status, particularly for most- at-risk assets e.g. vehicles;
- Analyze monthly expenditure, raising alerts when overspends/under-spends are identified.
- Support the NASCP finance team in Preparation of receipts, payment vouchers and follow up for necessary approval/signature;
- Posting on daily basis, of financial transactions data into the NASCP computerized accounting software;
- Keep accurate record of all books of accounts and ensuring that all accounting records are consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Variance analysis and forecasting
- Any other duties assigned by the Head of the Accounts Unit.
The key deliverable of the engagement is:
- Satisfactory level of accountability and internal control maintained at all times
- Advances retired with acceptable documentation and vouchers
- Analysis of monthly expenditure, raising alerts when overspends/under-spends are identified.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of B.Sc in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years post NYSC experience in finance/ accounting function
- Professional Accountant with ICAN certification
- Experience with Budget and financial reporting
- Previous experience working on a Global Fund funded project will be an added advantage
- Thorough knowledge and proven experience in accounting and finance
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work well with people.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work effectively under pressure.
Global Fund Code of Conduct:
- You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf
Contracting and Accountability
- The successful candidate will be accountable to NASCP through the Head of the Accounts Unit.
- S/he will be paid competitive fees for the agreed duration based on qualification and experience.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 17th September, 2021 (12:00 noon).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should address and send their Applications (complete set of Proposal documents and Term of Reference (ToR)) to:
Assistant Director (Procurement Unit),
National AIDS / STIs Control Programme,
Edo House, 75 Ralph Shoidende Street,
Central Business District,
Guideline for Submission and Opening of Documents
- A complete set of Proposal documents and Term of Reference (ToR) in the English Language for the Consultancy to Provide Technical Assistance to NASCP Finance Unit.
- The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and financial proposal.
- The original of the Technical Proposal with copies in one (1) envelope and the original of the Financial Proposal with copies in another envelope, duly marking the envelopes as “Technical” and “Financial.” shall be individually enclosed.
- The two (2) envelopes shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Consultancy to Provide Technical Assistance to NASCP Finance team, and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NASCP office at the address stated above.
- The deadline for the submission of proposal should not be later than the deadline stated above. The submission (s) received will be opened immediately after closing at NASCP Conference Room in the presence of representatives that choose to attend.
Notes / Disclaimer
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NASCP shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NASCP shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not construed as a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NASCP.
- NASCP is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing a reason.