Dayntee Farms Limited is aimed at producing high quality poultry products and services to meet the nation’s growing demand. Over the years, the farm is dedicated to providing poultry products of the highest quality while also creating wealth and employment opportunities for its staff and the community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Ajase-Ipo, Kwara
Employment Type: Full-time
- To aid managerial planning and financial decision-making by collecting, analyzing, investigating both internal and external financial information and reporting accurate financial data within the scope of the company’s operation that support the actualization of budgeted financial targets.
- Manage all financial accounting activities of the business operations
- Maintain accurate accounting records for future references and ensure financial records comply with company policies and accounting principles
- Account payable– vendor payments and reconciliation supervision. Review of AP Accrual reports
- Perform month end closing activities such as account reconciliation, revenue accounting, expense accounting, etc.
- Monthly reporting on financial results in line with agreed timelines
- Account for all CAPEX related items, monitor the requisition up till capitalization stage in the GL
- Maintenance of general Ledger, review of monthly general ledger reconciliations and raising of standard journals
- Support preparation of annual budget, forecast and projections
- Internal and external audit liaison: Assist in preparing necessary documentations for annual financial audits
- Carry-out other functions that may be assigned to you by Finance Manager from time-to-time in attainment of the department goals.
Educational Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related fields
- ACCA, ICAN or CIMA certifications
- Minimum of 3-5years experience in finance (experience in poultry industry will be advantageous)
Functional Competencies / Requirements:
- Strong domain knowledge in accounting, finance and economics of livestock industry and business
- Proficiency in modern accounting and finance productivity tools and software
- Business Analytics skills
- Financial information management and reporting
General Management Competencies/Requirements:
- Strong leadership capability and people management skill
- Strong Oral and Written Communication skills
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Strong decision making/critical thinking and problem-solving skill
- Understanding of manufacturing and business principles
- Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate effectively
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Proactive self-starter and driven for results
- Assertiveness & tenacity
- Dependability and adaptability
- Good work quality and reliability
- Good cooperation and staff relation
- Highly organized and significant ability to multi-task effectively
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV/Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.