Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Financial Markets Analyst
Ref No: 2100017409
Job: Institutional Banking
Employee Status: Permanent
The Role Responsibilities
- Responsible for understanding the Financial Markets business strategy and its implications for the analyst role
- Learn business knowledge through understanding and analysing MIS reports; and participation in projects.
- Understand the FM Businesses, client base and relationships
- Understand the products offered by FM to hedge the client exposures.
- Understand the execution of trades through the various systems
- Understand how service quality can be improved for internal stakeholders and clients.
- Assist teams in research, presentations etc. for project initiatives
- Understand the products traded by the desk.
- Understand key concepts such as trading strategy and market models.
- Understand how traders interface with the sales teams and structuring teams.
- Understand fully the different types of risks in the business and the Bank’s approach in managing risk, with particular reference to market risks on Financial Markets products.
- Understand the variety of Operational Risks which impact the business and the controls in place to manage these risks
- Understand the Operational Risk Framework within Financial Markets
- Thoroughly learn about Value at Risk (VaR) concepts and the different methods applied to measure VaR for a wide range of FM products.
- Ensure all processes are adhered to in line with approved policies and procedures within Financial Markets
People and Talent:
- Responsible for driving appropriate culture and values within the team. Setting appropriate tone and expectations for the team, work in collaboration with risk and control partners across all functions
- Build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure that adequate and appropriate systems and controls are in place to comply with Group and Business policies, procedures standard and codes
- Ensure Operational Risk Management and reporting is an integral part of the business process
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Financial Markets Head in Nigeria
- Heads of various Financial Markets desks in Nigeria
- Head of Treasury-Markets in Nigeria
- Regional Business Manage
- Business & Country Compliance teams
- Operations (GBS / FMO / ITO)
- Operational and related risk management
- Knowledge of Financial Markets products
- Demonstrated history of applying sound judgement with critical thinking skills and courage necessary to perform a control role and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong analytical skills, detail-focused with the ability to interpret large volume of information
- Problem solving skills with ability to influence across all levels of business
- Ability to independently drive initiatives with minimum hands-on supervision
Application Closing Date
13th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online