Nicole Sinclair – Our client, a Hospitality Company, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food & Beverage Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- We seek to hire a Food and Beverage Manager to manage all F&B operations of the business, ensuring the delivery of excellent guest experience.
- Their goal is to maximize sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Manage service in all food and beverage assigned areas and events within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards.
- Work with business manager to generate revenue through the several food outlets
- Ensure dining rooms are well prepared and tables and chairs set, linens, glassware, etc. are properly positioned.
- Develop and implement routine checklist for waiters, room service staff and events to ensure food presentation standards are followed i.e. temperature, food care etc.
- Ensure uniformity in food presentation process in all service outlets.
- Ensure that all service staff are dressed in accordance with to the organization’s appearance standards
- Conduct monthly beverage inventories
- Conduct quarterly china, glass and silverware inventories
- Generate requisition forms and keep filed documentation of all stock requested from the store.
- Maintain a file for all items received from the store
- Acquire feedback from members/guests and co-workers in order to ensure satisfaction and/or implement service improvement ideas
- Identify customers’ needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns
- Develop new concepts to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business
- Maintain consistency of service by making sufficient preparation for all course events, large parties and reservations that may affect food and beverage service operations
- Ensure a pleasant dining experience by collaborating with Executive Chef in the creation of menus and menu pricing as requested
- Hire, manage and train staff in all technical and non-technical aspects of their role in line with the organization’s standards of quality and service
- Supervise all rooms service personnel
- Create, maintain and distribute weekly schedules for staff and communicate changes as appropriate to all
- Communicate with service and kitchen staff regarding reservations and/or special events
- Conduct pre-shift, pre-meal and/or pre-event meetings with all staff, as may be required
- Evaluate, supervise performance and mete out disciplinary actions as needed, in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Complete and administer employee performance appraisals
- Maximize food and beverage sales by identifying and targeting sales opportunities through marketing (i.e. promos and special events) and by training staff in “up-selling
- Protect guests by training staff to adhere to all safety, sanitation, food preparation, food storage and beverage control policies
- Communicate and team well with other departments (i.e. Banquets, Golf, Tennis, Kitchen, etc.) ensuring appropriate staff levels for all events and ensuring assigned responsibilities are carried out.
- Handle employee relation issues and review incidents with the Human Resources Department.
- Control costs of all food and beverage products by assisting management, as requested, in purchasing, maintaining effective profit and loss controls
- Monitor labor costs following demand patterns, budget
- Maintain accurate daily and weekly details for service staff and process daily sales reports and other reports as requested.
Competencies / Skills / Requirements
- Culinary School Diploma or B.A Degree in Food Service Management or related field is a must
- At least 5 years managerial experience in a similar position in a 3 or 4 star hotel / serviced apartment
- Proven food and beverage management experience
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Leadership skills
- Guest oriented and service minded
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel.
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online