Owens and Xley is a Small Business Advisory and Consulting Company in Lagos, Nigeria. Our services include of Small Business Startup and Set up, Business Plan preparation, Business Process Design and Business Strategy Formulation. We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs; and the initial capital challenges faced by a small business which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that small business owners have access to technical skills but at a fraction of the cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager (Hospitality)
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently looking to a hire qualified and experienced General Manager for our client in the hospitality industry.
- The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, to day-to-day staff management and guests.
- He / She would be an ambassador for the brand and the hotel, provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments, maximize operations and guest satisfaction.
- The ideal candidate will work very closely with the hotel owners and other stake holders.
- S/he will also be responsible for managing the hotels management team and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent guest experience.
- The General Manager would also be required to manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
- Design strategies to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Develop an annual business plan.
- Ensure highest standards of professional services to customers.
- Initiate cost effective controls and revenue management techniques.
- Prepare, review and assess monthly or periodic financial statements.
- Create brand image for the hotel.
- Develop strategies for organizing, staffing, planning and executing functionalities.
- Provide training for hotel staff in delivering care that meets the best standards and practices.
- Develop day-to-day operations and functions of a hotel ensuring total guest satisfaction.
- Maintain and manage hotel equipment, infrastructure, inventories and other facilities efficiently.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel / Hospitality Management, Business Administration or any related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in similar role
- Strong ability to collaborate and develop relationships with the owners.
- Deliver and execute innovative commercial solutions especially during refurbishment project
- Passion for networking – being highly visible to foster networks and relationships within a challenging comp set
- Deep understanding of commercial and operational environment
- Exceptional people leadership, retention of talent and development of new talent. Evidence of bringing a team together on a journey and instilling the Hilton culture and adept at stabilizing a team through change
- Ability to navigate any operational challenges that may arise
- Good social / media experience – leveraging channels to gain visibility
- Resilient and strong communication
- In-depth knowledge of the hotel / leisure / service sector.
N200,000 – N250,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
16th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.