Gombe State Polytechnic Recruitment 2021 is ongoing as jobs and career vacancies open for interested and suitably qualified candidates. Apply for Gombe State Polytechnic Job Recruitment slated to close at the specified application deadline. The establishment of Gombe state Polytechnic was a decision of the State Government. The decision is in line with the recommendation of the High-Powered committee on Education set up at the inception of the past administration on 27 th September, 2012. Our mission is to give technical and vocational education to the teaming youth as a means of providing middle-level man power as well as training and retraining of the state’s public officers and to serve as the only Polytechnic in the State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Rector
Location: Bajoga, Gombe
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic and has power to exercise general authority over both the staff and students and he is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council
- In addition to proven Management and leadership experience, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic endeavours and must also be credible.
Qualification and Experience
The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following qualifications and experiences:
- Must hold a Masters degree, preferably a Doctorate degree from a recognized institution in any of the disciplines offered in the Polytechnic (viz, science, technology, commerce and management) with a minimum of fifteen (15) years teaching experience, at least five (5) years of which must have been gained in a Polytechnic
- Must be a Chief Lecturer from the Polytechnic Sector with not less than five (5) years experience on the rank.
- Must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at the time of assumption of duty as Rector
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative, and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations, and positive managerial attributes
- Must be computer literate and possess membership of relevant and recognized Professional Bodies
- Must provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars, and workshops
- Must be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic
- Must be a person with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging constraints
- Must be a fair minded and dynamic individual with an impeccable reputation
- Must be a person who is not likely to pursue, racial, ethical, gender, political, religious, or other sectional interest
- Must be morally sound, of impeccable character and free from financial embarrassment
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from a Government hospital)
- Must be proficient in Information & Communication Technology (ICT).
Qualities Expected From Applicants:
- Demonstrate evidence of strong administrative and visionary leadership
- Be morally sound and of impeccable character
- Enjoy sound physical and mental health
- Be intellectually sound and demonstrate knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Polytechnic system.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
- Term and Conditions of Service for the post of Rector are as per the amended State Polytechnic Act (2019). The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years. The salary is consolidated and the successful candidates shall enjoy other benefits of office as may be approved by the State Government from time to time.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2021.
Method of Application for Gombe State Polytechnic Recruitment 2021
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit twenty (20) copies of typewritten applications along with Curriculum Vitae to include the following:
- Full Name with Surname underlined
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin / Local Government
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Contact Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with age(s)
- Schools attended with dates
- Certificates obtained with dates
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- Current Postal Address including telephone number & e-mail
- Community Service
- Present Appointment with date and salary
- Names and addresses of 3 Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential reports on them directly to the address below:
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Post of Rector” on the top left hand corner, and addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Higher Education,
Note: Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence (where applicable) and bring the originals of all their credentials if invited for interview.