|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Advocacy and Youth Programme Intern
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Internship positions are part of opportunities on offer at Plan International Nigeria for young graduates to earn post NYSC experience.
- These opportunities are designed as learning and value-adding liaison between interns and Plan International Nigeria. The interns are expected to take advantage of the space offered for experience gathering, self-development, while providing quality service to Plan International Nigeria.
- In line with the above, Plan International hereby calls for application from interested young people to fill the space of an Advocacy & Youth Programme Intern.
- The Intern is expected to provide quality advocacy services in support of the policy influencing initiatives and youth engagement initiatives of Plan International Nigeria and maintain close working relationship with the organisation’s Policy, Research and Influencing Manager.
- The Advocacy & Youth Programme Intern will be required to enhance and add value to Plan International’s works with the young people, especially girls, in Nigeria and support them to learn new culture in organising, mobilisation and campaigning and, enhance their skills to pick up issues of national importance to both female and male youth in the country
- The Advocacy & Youth Programme Intern will work with relevant programmes staff, providing support on citizen mobilisation, capacity building exercises for youth and girls’ platforms.
- Design and provide support for youth/Girls Get Equal (GGE) Campaign training platforms and other actions designed to enhance capacities of Plan International Nigeria linked youth groups in advocacy and campaign.
- Generate and report progress made on a regular basis on GGE engagement.
- Provide support and participate in all policy advocacy and campaign initiatives
- Provide support and participate in Monitoring, documentation, dissemination and encouragement of critical debate, and mainstreaming of public policy advocacy.
- Support case study collections related to policy and campaigns works
- Support the Policy, Research and Influencing Manager in maintaining links with youth organisations and provide the necessary linkage Plan International Nigeria youth engagement with broader national and international youth engagement platforms and policy spaces
- To monitor, document, disseminate encourage critical debate around youth, especially adolescent girls issues.
- Design and coordinate political education initiatives for Plan International Nigeria linked girls platforms and other relevant youth platforms
- Liaise and work closely with other Interns at Plan International Nigeria to achieve the purpose of self-development, and at all times alert the organisation on new learnings that would enhance their own capacity and opportunities for increased self-marketability.
- Represent Plan International at appropriate country-level working groups.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies or any related field
- Not more than one year post NYSC experience
- Significant prior experience in advocacy on youth rights, girls rights, broader human rights and development issues.
- Good knowledge of youth mobilisation
- Knowledge of International trend in youth mobilisation, organisation and campaigns
- Good attention to detail
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills and strong research skills
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
- Patience, adaptability, flexibility, and ability to improvise and remain responsive and to communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to seek people’s views while also taking responsibility to determine the most appropriate course of action and to act decisively
- Evidence of volunteering experience in an NGO or charity organisation
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience in digital media use for social mobilisation.
Application Closing Date
8th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online