KPMG – Our client, a reputable Institute within the Financial Services Sector, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Head, Finance and Corporate Services
Job Type: Full time
Sector: Financial Services
Reports To: The Chief Executive Officer
- Our client is looking for Group Head, Finance and Corporate Services who will be responsible for providing support to the executive management on the annual budgeting and planning processes of the institute.
- The ideal candidate will coordinate daily functions, streamline management systems, supervise managers, improve general business efficiency and human capital.
Skills and Capabilities
- Develop and effectively drive finance organizational strategies and assist in formulating the institute’s future direction
- Monitor the implementation of strategic business plans by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction.
- Establish functional objectives in line with overall organizational objective
- Oversee and lead the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with executive management.
- Administer and review all financial plans and budgets while monitoring progress and changes.
- Decide on investment strategies and manage all investments by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Develop the financial well-being of the institute by providing financial projections and accounting services, preparing growth plans and directing staff
- Perform risk management by analyzing the institute’s liabilities and investments
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the institute’s operations
- Integrate risk management in key processes such as strategic budgeting and project planning
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and processes duly complied with
- Oversee Cash Flow positioning for the companies with clear understanding of sources and uses of funds; maintaining and upholding integrity of funds, securities and valued documents
- Serve as the secretary to the finance and general purpose committee of the institute.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Finance, Economics, or Business-related discipline
- Post-graduate / Master’s Degree in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics, Business-related disciplines
- Professional membership in relevant industry association is required
- ACIB is an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience with a reputable organisation
- Strong industry network including experience dealing with banks, regulators and tax authorities
- Proficient in the use of Enterprise Resource Planning and Microsoft Office Applications
- Diverse knowledge of the macroeconomic environment and its impact on the institutes
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Knowledge of both Nigerian and International labor law and practices
- Strong Accounting and financial analytics skills
- Sound knowledge of finance related regulations and risk management practices
- Good written, presentation and communication skills, able to prepare statistical and narrative reports
- Able to work under broad direction but self-motivated to work independently. Has technical responsibility and accountable for work performed and decision taken.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and manage relationship at all levels.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online