|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Eden Solutions and Resources Limited – Our client, a leading School in Umuahia, Abia State, is recruiting a highly experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head – Boarding
Location: Umuahia, Abia
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking to recruit a highly experienced Head of Boarding to join its team and foster a healthy learning environment for its students.
- The post of Head of Boarding is a senior position and forms part of the Senior Leadership Team.
- The purpose of the role is to lead and manage the provision of all aspects of boarding as well as playing a crucial role in whole-school strategy and development.
- The post holder will have the ability to manage boarding teams effectively and possess excellent communication and administrative skills.
As a member of the Senior Leadership team, you should carry out your role to support the needs of the students you work with and the College in general. In as much, you will:
- Lead and manage the College’s team of Boarding Team Leaders (BLT’s) to ensure the students’ boarding experience exceeds their expectations as well as that of parents, agents and other stakeholders and to ensure the successful implementation of procedures in the boarding houses and proactively evaluate and improve standards.
- Ensure that the College complies with International National Minimum Standards (INMS), Independent Schools’ Statutory Regulations and any other relevant legislation across all aspects of the College boarding provision.
- Be the Designated Safeguarding Lead and as such, prepare and present the Annual Safeguarding Report to the Board.
- Ensure effective reporting to and communication with parents, guardians, agents in accordance with College Policies and procedures.
- Liaise with the Vice Principal Academics, Principal and Pastoral staff and teachers to monitor students ‘overall wellbeing and ensure that all Boarding team Leaders do the same.
- With the Vice Principal Academics, liaise with the Pastoral Staff at the College who monitor student welfare and behaviour during College hours and ensure that all Boarding Team
- Leaders do the same.
- Support and assist students to ensure that they understand and are actively adhering to College Behaviour and Attendance policies, including the issuing of sanctions, incentives and rewards in consultation with the Vice Principal Academics and Pastoral Staff, and ensure that all Boarding Team Leaders do the same.
- Together with the Vice Principal Academics Pastoral Staff and Boarding Team Leaders (BTLs), produce attendance or behaviour strategies, targets and letters for students of concern and to follow up from letters sent.
- Take the lead on all behaviour and welfare issues of Boarders when outside of College hours and liaise with the Vice Principal Academics or the Vice Principal Administration and Principal if needed.
- Manage, and where required participate in, the investigation and monitoring of consequences for reported cases of misbehaviour and breaches of College boarding rules by students.
- As and when needed, arrange and attend Stage Warning or Behaviour meetings with the Principal.
- Hold meetings with the Vice Principal Pastoral staff to discuss behaviour of students or attendance of persistently low attenders.
- Together with BTLs, follow the school’s Behaviour Attendance Policies.
- Line manage BTLs, the College Nurse and the Activities Team.
- Drive improvements to professionalise college produced marketing materials including newsletters and notice boards, ensuring that everything that is produced to be seen by a customer conforms to brand guidelines.
- Together with the Assistant Principal Pastoral, develop the college’s external presence online through social media, blogs, etc.
- Foster good working relationships with the Sales & Marketing team, gather ‘good news stories’ and updates from the Boarding Houses and ensure these messages are being heard in market.
- Act as host for agent, student and other external visits and to ensure that all visitors are provided with a welcoming reception, comprehensive tour of the building and key information relating to the boarding experiences and services.
- Together with the Vice Principal Academics, Pastoral staff and BLT’s, ensure that key messages are delivered to students in the Boarding Houses, e.g. upcoming activities and events.
- Ensure the overall appearance of the Boarding Houses is meeting expected standards – e.g. cleanliness, notice boards, common areas etc. and ensure the boarding premises and facilities are kept in a proper state of maintenance and repair, reporting any issues to the Ops Team.
- Oversee the preparation of the content for the boarding pre-arrival information in advance of each intake, working with key stakeholders including the Principal, the Welfare team, marketing and admissions to make sure this is delivered to students on time and to consistent brand standards.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Masters Degree Holder
- Vast experience in a boarding post with significant leadership and management responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal and decision making skills.
- Capable of formulating and expressing an independent view and of working loyally as part of a team.
- A friendly, professional approach capable of inspiring confidence in pupils, colleagues, and parents.
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written and in the use of ICT.
- Outstanding organisational and administrative skills.
- Understanding of the nature of boarding in independent education and meeting the requirements of all boarders.
- Aware of the nature of the School and prepared to commit to its all-round ethos.
- Willingness to work hard with energy and enthusiasm.
Competitive and higher than industry rates.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF format to: email@example.com using the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail