Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Category Management
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- As Head, Category management, you will define and deliver offer sourcing and management strategy for all categories across customer segments and geographies to enable ambitious revenue growth target.
- Merchandising and Inter-Stores Movement Consolidation
- Actively lead, mentor, and develop the Category Managers to take on initiatives, execute, and actively impact revenue
- Supervise, manage, and direct category managers, analysts, and support personnel for designated categories
- Lead the Categories in achieving the sales objectives for the business as set in the current business year.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive assortment strategy that’s optimized for company objectives and growth opportunities identified at category level
- Collaborate with Brands & Marketing in Planning sales campaigns for every cycle and event such as End of Year sales, Summer Sales, etc.
- Set up, manage, and enhance Merchandise Pricing Systems
- Ensure achievement of agreed return on investment (ROI) for each Category.
- Providing direction for the team through leadership, objective setting, motivation, clear communication and people management.
- Collaborate with senior leaders across product, account management, marketplace integrity, marketing, and growth to accelerate execution
- Create and implement new initiatives for all categories to increase sales and margins
- Responsible for merchandise allocation, distribution and replenishment to stores
- Manages day-to-day operations leads and supply chain management for categories through Strategic Procurement
- Responsible for Merchandise / Product Life Cycle Planning and Execution. This would be from ideation till the product is discontinued
- Attend industry events to acquire up-to-date market and product information and sales trends to ensure appropriate sales, marketing and procurement strategy.
- Evaluate the marketplace and analyze industry trends and competitive landscape; evaluate opportunities and constructed products applicable to market needs.
- Responsible for Store Visitation Merchandise Assessment Audit
- Regular visit to stores to keep abreast with merchandise gaps
- Strategic Leadership of the Buying Team
- Manage supply chain buying unit relationship with other subunits
- Execution of Merchandising Buying and range plans
- Execution of Merchandising Supplier Sourcing plans
- Merchandising Buying Cost Management
- A Bachelor’s Degree or it’s equivalent in business or any related discipline.
- Certification in supply chain and merchandising is compulsory
- A minimum of 8 years experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge in managing wide product range using detail line reports
- Strong Knowledge of kids clothing trends
- Excellent Knowledge in retail sales data analysis
- Excellent Merchandising analysis skill
- Strong Visual Merchandising, ERP knowledge
- Excellent Commercial Awareness / Business Acumen Skill
- Excellent Budget Management Skill
- Strong Strategy Development Skill
- Strong Numerical, oral/written communication, analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Strong teaching, counselling and coaching skills
- Effective and proven interpersonal skills
- Mentally and physically strong, energetic and result-oriented
- Good planning and prioritizing skills
- Team building, handling of confidential information and people management skills
N260,000 – N300,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online