|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Financial Audit Division
Requisition ID: 650
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Organization: African Union Commission – AUC
Reports to: Coordinator,Office of Internal Oversight
Directorate: Office of Internal Oversight (OIO)
Division: Financial Audit
Number of Direct Reports: 3
Number of Indirect Reports: 5
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of the Job
- Directs and manages the daily operations of the Financial Audit Division in order to achieve the strategic objectives of the directorate and the AU’s overall goals.
- Designs and implements policies, programs and projects to achieve the directorate’s strategic objectives.
- Manages and supervises employees within the division, ensures the timely delivery of the directorate’s goals and effective staff performance evaluation;
- Designs policies, strategies and programs to contribute to the effective implementation of relevant AU Policy Organs Decisions;
- Ensures the delivery of the division’s annual targets in line with the directorate’s overall goals and ensures robust and timely monitoring and reporting;
- Provides technical leadership and ensures efficient functioning of all Units within the Division
- Manages the work of the Division and supervises direct reports to ensure their effective performance in line with the organization’s performance management policy and system;
- Engages stakeholders within Members States and Regional Economic Communities (RECs)/Regional Mechanisms(RMs) and relevant international organisations in designing and implementing strategies.
- Maintains thematic partnerships in support of the mandate of the Division;
- Maintains regular working relations with senior stakeholders in Member States and partner institutions in the execution of the Division’s mandate.
- Represents the organisation and communicates its position at conferences.
- Contributes to the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and monitor budget execution at division level.
- Ensures the effective management of funds contributed to the organization;
- Manages risk within the division and recommends mitigation strategies
- Contributes to the development of the departmental business continuity plan and ensures implementation at division level
- Maintains a positive work environment that facilitates collaboration and information sharing and is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating diverse talent.
- Manages the Internal Audit process, develop and manage the Internal Audit schedule (or cycle), supervise Audit Team members, and produce quality audit reports that recommend methods to enhance and improve risk management, governance and control procedures.
- Presents audit results to management, review and record activities and action-plans defined by management to resolve issues identified by audit findings.
- Analyses integrity and reliability of accounting and financial information as well as means used for identifying measure, classifying and reporting information for the preparation of financial and activity reports.
- Reviews and approves the Division’s annual and long-range audit plans and activities, for reviewing significant findings and recommendations by the Division and ensuring the adequacy of management’s corrective actions.
- Coordinates and ensures timely preparation of audit, activity and other reports in order to provide information to OIO management.
- Contributes to the AU annual audit risk assessment process.
- Leads the budget preparation for the Division in accordance with relevant frameworks and manages effectively the utilization of financial, human and other resources in order to facilitate the attainment of the set objectives.
- Liaises on audit matters with directorates, organs, senior management, operational staff, and external auditors.
- Provides advice to line management on risk mitigation and best practices.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Master’s Degree in Audit, Business Administration, Finance, or related field with twelve (12) years of professional experience in audit or relevant area in similar international organization out of which seven (7) years should be at managerial level and five (5) years at supervisory level.
- A relevant professional certification i.e. “Expert Comptable” or Chartered/Certified Public Accountant designation (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CA or equivalent) and affiliation to a relevant professional body is mandatory.
- Auditing experience of inter-governmental operations, accounting standards and information systems such as IPSAS & SAP-ERP will be of a comparative advantage.
- Experience with computer-assisted audit tools is an added advantage.
- Leadership and management skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Research and Analytical skills
- Communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft office suite and AU Computing software
- Ability to work in teams and in a multi-cultural environment
- Planning, budgeting and organizational skills
- Knowledge and working understanding in the policies, programmes and systems of the AU
- Knowledge in AU financing and auditing regulations
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages, fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
- Strategic Perspective
- Developing Others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Building relationships
- Foster Accountability Culture
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with impact
- Conceptual thinking
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for result
- Fosters Innovation
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- Indicative basic salary of US$ 50,746.00 (P5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.