|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Audit
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
- The role is responsible for enhancing the overall state of internal control and governance standards in Smart Cash PSB.
- The role aims to provide assurance to senior management and the Board and Audit Committee on compliance to laid down processes and mitigation of key risks.
Improve the Internal Control Environment through active engagement with Senior Management and Management:
- Conduct periodic meetings with Functional Chiefs, COO, CEO and other stakeholders to address the key audit issues and monitor the implementation status of management’s action plans.
- Review control mitigation plans of functions and ensure adequate and prioritized management attention on remediating known issues and preventing recurrences.
- Ensure that audit issues are well understood by all levels of management and staff and that learning on fraud and control issues are shared amongst relevant stakeholders to prevent recurrences.
- Ensure partners have established plans to drive the priorities of the internal audit activity, consistent with the organization’s objectives.
- Implement a system of tracking key project activities that impact on delivery of the audit plan.
- Implement a system of capturing and tracking audit issues per timelines agreed with respective functional heads/ chiefs, flagging and escalation of delays in implementation of improvement opportunities.
- Conduct regular review of the audit work done by outsourced audit partners to validate quality of audit work and reporting.
- Identify any necessary changes to the audit methodology and ensure implementation in a timely manner.
- Ensure quantification of losses / impact arising from lack of / ineffective controls.
Partner Management and Communication:
- Provide continuous feedback to partner (internal audit service providers) on quality of audit work and deployment of resources.
- Ensure training of partner staff in order that they are able to deliver the best quality
- Provide proposals for improvement and support the implementation of changes.
- Ensure there is a clear line of communication between the partner and Smart Cash PSB to facilitate issue resolution in an effective and timely manner.
- Continuous communication with the teams during the period of the engagement.
- Maintain a calendar for the board audit committee meetings.
- Consolidate information for reporting to the board on a quarterly basis.
- Co-ordinate receipt and dispatch of all necessary documentation and communication.
- Ensure all levels of review prior to dispatch of board papers.
- Flash reporting for significant issues noted in ongoing reviews.
- Prepare all reports required for presentation to Smart Cash Senior Management.
- Periodically report on implementation of improvement opportunities noted in reviews.
Support / Drive Enterprise Risk management:
- Ensure on-going dialogue with stakeholders and internally within the team to identify potential risks to ensure identification, assessment and development of mitigation plans for key risks.
- Identify good business practices and ensure these are shared with management for implementation.
- Drive programmes that promote risk and control awareness across the company.
- Keep abreast of regional and international trends and identify new and emerging risks in the business and / or industry.
- Provide guidance to other functions on risk management and compliance.
- Continuous development of staff (including partner staff).
- Ensure ongoing reassessment of skill sets required and supplement through recruitment or outsourcing.
- Drive initiatives to address employee concerns (if any).
- Ensure adequate progress on staff training & development, leveraging on resources from internal, as well as external service providers.
Qualification & Experience
- A First Degree or equivalent in any discipline.
- Recognized professional Accounting certification such as ACCA, ACA, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the financial management/accounting function, 5 of which must be in senior position within the audit function.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.