|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, IP Planning & Enterprise Solutions
- Directly responsible for translating the Corporate Strategy/Business Plan into an appropriate Internet Protocol & Enterprise Solutions strategy that defines how the Engineering Organization contributes to business success.
- Develop, periodically refresh and govern the IP/MPLS &Enterprise Architecture and enforce evolution compliance to Telecoms &Technology standard through regular Architectural reviews & other relevant governance bodies.
- Enable superior business performance by championing IP/MPLS &enterprise solutions agility, innovation and on-time, value-based delivery through robust architecture principles & governance, excellent risk judgement and a relentless drive for Telecoms & Technology-enabled business process optimization.
- Drive for continuous alignment of IP/MPLS &Enterprise Solutions actions/initiatives with business objectives and ensure strong contributions to achieving Organizational goals.
- Lead the development and periodic update of the IP/MPLS & Enterprise strategy to ensure that initiatives& projects are appropriately scoped to deliver business value.
- Define the blueprint that drives IP/MPLS & Enterprise investment and continuously align with business goals.
- Guide technology decisions, drive business cases/justification, ensuring alignment with business objectives and established architecture principles & standards through architecture governance processes.
- Capture, preserve and maintain complex knowledge of the business and supporting technology landscape and distil into usable format for everyday business and technology decision support.
- Enable enterprise agility (i.e., facilitate quick response to market dynamics and adoption of new business models) by taking out complexity and potential change inhibitors within the IP/MPLS & Enterprise landscape.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap of IP/MPLS & Enterprise solutions initiatives to deliver the target architecture for the realization of extant business vision and strategies.
- Drive technology innovation to create business value in terms of improved business performance and ROI.
- Develop and manage a fit-for-purpose framework for continuous capacity planning & monitoring with a view to proactively meeting and anticipating business demand across the IP/MPLS & Enterprise landscape.
- Collaborate with other functional units to elicit input to the architecture development and governance process.
- Create and communicate models/artifacts that describe the IP/MPLS & enterprise architecture and enable its evolution. Ensure timely, accurate and up to date documentation
- Promote a strategy-led, integrative approach to solution design to business issues that transcend functional boundaries.
- Act as stage-gate for approving all IP/MPLS & Enterprise solution designs proposed as prerequisite for solution build and implementation.
- Validate compliance to architecture principles at key development checkpoints for solutions in development on the one hand and changes to those in production on the other.
- Produce infrastructure capacity plans to proactively meet the Networks’ service demands as well as enterprise customer’s demand for related services.
- Ensure alignment of capacity projections with those of other demand management / planning functions across all technology functions within the organization.
- Provide technical leadership for the implementation and integration of IP/MPLS & Enterprise Solutions programs.
- Own the design of fit-for-purpose solutions to business problems by facilitating design workshops with key stakeholders with strong emphasis on business value, risk and on time to value.
- Interface with 3rd parties, including vendors, OEMs, business partners and other external parties for solution design, integration, and connectivity as required.
- Take ownership of technical project deliverables and ensure delivery to acceptable standards.
- Contribute to assessing business value delivered on these projects.
- Implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Identify required resources, personnel and funding to achieve the unit/ function’s strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Review recommendations of internal audit relating to IP/MPLS Network Architecture & Enterprise Solutions and implementation policies, standards, guidelines and take corrective action as required.
- Implement work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the team/ function to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, Engineering.
- Perform any other duties as assigned bythe Director of Engineering
- First Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science/IT, or a related/relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate and/or professional qualifications in related fields and/or an MBA will be an added advantage.
- Nine (9) to twelve (12) years’ work experience in a Telecoms environment with at least three (3) years in IP/MPLS & enterprise solution architecture at managerial level.
- Sound knowledge of internal business processes, leading/emerging technologies, and developments within the mobile telecommunications industry and related ecosystems.
- Experience in working through complex issues and providing alternative solutions.
- Adept at communicating technical details to relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to lead, influence and gain the confidence and respect of senior executives and functional leadership.
- Highly developed business communications skill (verbal and written), team player, change agent, strategic and creative, excellent solution architecture skills, and the ability to drive consensus and compliance from all areas within the company.
- Ability to cope and deliver at satisfactorily high levels under intense pressure.
- Exceptional analytical, quick-learning,and critical thinking skills.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- IP/MPLS designs & Planning for Service Provider
- Enterprise Solutions &Architectural designs
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Technical Program Management
- Capacity & Resource Planning &Management
- Delegation/ Supervisory
- Problem Solving
- Professionalism/ Integrity
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online