The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, IT Audit Division
Requisition ID: 652
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Organization: African Union Commission – AUC
Reports to: Coordinator,Office of Internal Oversight
Directorate: Office of Internal Oversight (OIO)
Division: IT Audit
Number of Direct Reports: 1
Number of Indirect Reports: 3
Job Grade: P5
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job
- Directs and manages the daily operations of the IT Audit Division in order to achieve the strategic objectives of the directorate and the AU’s overall goals.
- Designs and implements policies, programs and projects to achieve the directorate’s strategic objectives.
- Manages and supervises employees within the division, ensures the timely delivery of the directorate’s goals and effective staff performance evaluation;
- Designs policies, strategies and programs to contribute to the effective implementation of relevant AU Policy Organs Decisions;
- Ensures the delivery of the division’s annual targets in line with the directorate’s overall goals and ensures robust and timely monitoring and reporting;
- Provides technical leadership and ensures efficient functioning of all Units within the Division
- Manages the work of the Division and supervises direct reports to ensure their effective performance in line with the organization’s performance management policy and system;
- Engages stakeholders within Members States and Regional Economic Communities (RECs)/Regional Mechanisms(RMs) and relevant international organisations in designing and implementing strategies.
- Maintains thematic partnerships in support of the mandate of the Division;
- Maintains regular working relations with senior stakeholders in Member States and partner institutions in the execution of the Division’s mandate.
- Represents the organisation and communicates its position at conferences.
- Contributes to the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and monitor budget execution at division level.
- Ensures the effective management of funds contributed to the organization;
- Manages risk within the division and recommends mitigation strategies
- Contributes to the development of the departmental business continuity plan and ensures implementation at division level
- Maintains a positive work environment that facilitates collaboration and information sharing and is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating diverse talent.
- Contributes to the development of the Annual Internal Audit Plan and develops new and improved procedures and techniques related to internal controls over systems and technology by preparing and administering an IT audit annual plan.
- Plans and oversees audits of IT operations to assess controls, operational efficiencies and compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintains a comprehensive system for recording all audit plans, work papers, findings, reports, and follow-up audits.
- Ensures the timely and accurate completion of the audit plan.
- Reviews audit work performed by staff for completion and accuracy with regards to determining on strength and functioning of controls to secure information asset and data integrity.
- Conducts Special Audits as required by management and issue results.
- Drafts and presents audit reports to management and auditees as appropriate.
- Recommends revisions and/or additions to policies and procedures in order to improve operations as well as internal controls.
- Responds to ad hoc requests to address control issues on new business processes, policies and procedures, and provide consultative services to management.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, or a related field with twelve (12) years of experience in audit in similar international organization out of which seven (7) years should be at managerial level and five (5) years at supervisory level;
- A professional qualification such as the Certified Information System Security Auditor (CISA) or the Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent from a recognized Institution is mandatory.
- Experience with computer-assisted audit tools is required.
- Auditing experience of inter-governmental operations and information systems including SAP-ERP will be of a comparative advantage.
- Leadership and management skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Research and Analytical skills
- Communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft office suite and AU Computing software
- Planning, budgeting and organizational skills
- Ability to work in teams and in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge and working understanding in the policies, programmes and systems of the AU
- Knowledge in AU financing and auditing regulations
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
- Strategic Perspective
- Developing Others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Building relationships
- Foster Accountability Culture
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with impact:
- Conceptual thinking
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for result
- Fosters Innovation
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 50,746.00 (P5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online