Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Skilled Labourer (CTC / CTU)
Location: Toro, Bauchi
Employment Type: Contract
Place of Recruitment: Toro
Type of Contract: Fixed term (1 month)
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Supervising a group of skilled workers, ensuring proper planning and administrative follow up, monitoring the quality of the work and performing hands on tasks as part of the team, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure smooth functioning of the mission
- Performing autonomously all necessary installations, maintenance and repairs, according to the supervisor’s instructions
- Making suggestions with regards to possible repair or maintenance work when needed
- Performing tests after a repair or maintenance when needed
- Keeping working area clean and tidy
- Monitoring the quality of work of the team, monitoring the compliance with guidelines and deadlines
- Responsible for the tools and equipment placed on-site
- Carrying out a monthly inventory and ensuring a replacement when needed
- Install, repair and maintain water treatment equipment piping and controls
- Install, repair and maintain underground storm sanitary and water piping systems
- Install, repair and maintain sinks, tubs and toilets
- Install, repair and maintain plumbing fixtures, appliances and trim
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on plumbing systems and fixtures
- Reporting to the Logistics Manager about the progress of the work and eventual incidents or problems
- Performing hands-on tasks.
- Basic education (literacy required)
- Recognized formal training in the assigned technical area
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a skilled worker in this field
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork, Service.
Application Closing Date
3rd September, 2021 at 12pm.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who meet all the requirements should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Head of Skilled Labourer CTU” as the subject of the mail.
- Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID.
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.