Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Origination & Client Coverage
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Head, Origination and Client Coverage will be responsible for developing new relationships with corporate and public sector clients and analyzing sector opportunities, with a focus on winning new mandates, across Project Finance, Capital Markets, M&A and Structured Finance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for the origination of investment banking deals in Nigeria and across Africa, by improving Client access for the IB team. Key industries of focus will include FMCG, Industrial Goods & Building Materials, Public Sector, Energy, Telecoms & Technology, and Large Agribusiness.
- Determine which investment banking services are appropriate for specific Clients, and thereafter create avenues for United Capital IB teams to engage such Clients and offer services to them.
- Maintain relationships with the Regional Directorates, assisting in preliminary deal reviews and providing them with maximum support with regards to sourcing and execution of their transactions.
- Engage in sector analysis and reviews, providing insights to the team on new advisory opportunities regarding sector participants and thereafter creating avenues for engagement with intended Clients.
- Ensure appropriate deal closure by holding post-completion meetings with Client management/execution teams, to obtain feedback and preserve the relationship.
- Maintain post-deal relationships with key clients, e.g. providing them with the market and product updates, also ensuring that the IB teams are aware of the Client’s evolving needs and offer advisory and financing services as appropriate.
- Extract maximum value from Clients, by ensuring that United Capital Plc provides a full suite of services to the Client (as appropriate for their business) and captures their value chain as much as possible
- Over time, build a right-sized OCC team within the Investment Banking business to ensure sustainable origination and optimal client relationships.
- First Degree or its equivalent from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Appropriate post-graduate or professional qualifications such as an MBA, CFA, M.Sc. in Finance, ACA, ACCA.
- A minimum of 12 years’ relevant experience gained in a corporate or investment banking environment. Candidates who have experience in corporate origination roles from other types of institutions (e.g. securities exchanges or consulting firms) will also be considered.
- Commercial understanding and business acumen.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online