9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, RF Planning & Optimisation
- Manage and coordinate all RF planning and optimisation activities to implement the strategy for the design, planning and optimisation of EMTS’s radio network coverage and capacity rollout.
- Advise on strategies for capacity rollout and support the Director, of Engineering by providing field-sensitive feedback to the nominal rollout strategy.
- Coordinate the evaluation of local and global telecommunications trends and development and implement up-to-date strategies to counter/minimize the possible impact on the architecture and integrity of the access network.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to RF planning and optimisation.
- Identify required resources, personnel, and funding to achieve the unit/ function’s strategy.
- Establish and maintain a relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage and coordinate all RF planning and optimization activities to implement the strategy for the design, planning and optimization of EMTS’s radio network.
- Manage the daily activities of the unit and ensure alignment with the overall goals and objectives of the department and the organisation.
- Develop and drive design and strategy to optimize EMTS (2G, 3G, 4G) coverage, quality and capacity to provide a high level of the network to enhance customer experience.
- Manage the execution of the unit’s work programs and plans.
- Manage the planning of the nominal radio coverage across the country.
- Review and track the detailed RF design carried out by the regional teams to ensure conformance with the nominal rollout plan
- Monitor network performance and configuration to ensure conformance with formulated performance strategy and KPIs.
- Ensure that radio coverage is done promptly so that it falls in line with regulatory stipulations for GSM rollout in Nigeria.
- Assist in identifying specialist tools, equipment and solution for radio network coverage enhancements.
- Ensure that the RF component of the required network coverage matches marketing’s requirements.
- Ensure radio network quality and performance achieves the KPIs and quality targets as defined by the Director of Engineering.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the team/ function to optimise performance, and morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate’s performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the unit/function.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Engineering
- First Degree or equivalent inElectrical Engineering.
- Postgraduate Degree/relevantprofessional qualification.
- Nine (9) to Twelve (12) years of workexperience with at least three (3) years in a managerial role.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Network Planning and Design
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- High Voltage Systems Engineering.
- Telecommunications Technology Fundamentals.
- Leadership and People Management
- Influencing and Negotiation
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online