Standard Chartered Bank – We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. As a leading international bank, we strive to help people and businesses prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head SIG Nigeria, PSDO Southern Nigeria
Job ID: 2200025111
Job: Institutional Banking
Employee Status: Permanent
- Develop client relationships with decision makers and at senior management levels. Also, to facilitate development of working relationships between relevant Product Partners (e.g., Transaction Banking, Financial Markets team) and clients’ business units.
- Self-initiation to fully understand clients’ needs and coordinate internal resources to bring our full banking proposition to clients across Transactional Banking and Financial Markets products.
- Work with GAMs, FAMs and Product Partners in maximizing network and cross-sale opportunities, deepening overall relationship.
- Manage the allocated portfolio, originate and work on business opportunities presented
- Manage deals execution and contributing to team objectives. A key focus will be driving Financial Markets products growth, including DCM, Rates, FX, Credit, structured credit products. Understanding of credit analysis.
- Actively review/update Deals in Pipeline focusing on priorities consistently with strategic intent and balancing revenue growth with risks.
- Responsible for credit risk and credit quality of the portfolio and be able to flag up early warning signals to the Credit function. Effectively communicating and work with client to restructure facilities to minimize Bank’s exposures.
- Proactively monitor Anti-money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Clients (KYC) risk by implementing the Bank’s anti-money-laundering procedures
- Deliver agreed portfolio revenue targets and objectives.
- Awareness and understanding of FI and SIG’s business strategy. Align with segment level strategy for the SIG segment
- Provide training and knowledge sharing with team members. Lead through example and help embed group’s values.
- Actively contribute toward executing the SIG Strategy and develop client level strategic initiatives to support the business growth aspirations
- Lead the development and implementation of the client strategy for the designated portfolio as identified through the account planning process
- Accountability for delivering financial performance objectives (revenues, costs, RORWA etc)
- Accountability for all other objectives for the management and development of client relationships, specifically compliance (AML, CDD) and credit risk
- New client origination, selecting clients where the bank can actively demonstrate its value-add proposition using its unique footprint and product set.
- Engage and collaborate with product and regional/country GB heads to drive cross sell initiatives
- Manage and drive financial performance by closely monitoring financial results against targets and meeting long term economic revenue (ER) goals and RWA targets.
- Foster a culture of strong understanding of the constant trade-offs between new business, risk, control and capital deployment.
- Serve as the escalation point for customer complaints handling for I& PPF clients and ensure adequate oversight, resolution and root cause analysis as appropriate.
- Build long-term client relationships by deepening and broadening the existing client relationships, identifying and managing possible client conflicts fairly and transparently.
- Bring strategic thought and vision as to how the corporate landscape regionally/globally is changing and identify opportunities of international growth.
- Manage all the relevant SIG processes within the Group process universe, and the implementation of policies and control standards set by risk control owners, ensuring compliance and operating within risk tolerance and risk appetite.
- Drive continuous improvement of the operational efficiency and effectiveness to increase the consistency of global systems and processes.
- Work with direct reports and Global Product Partners to support consistent product delivery.
- Work with direct reports to support the front to back delivery of the SIG strategies in a safe and well-controlled manner and on an end-to-end basis – incorporating infrastructure requirements and building a business that is fit-for-growth.
- Ensure there is a framework for effective management of operational risks within SIG and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations.
People and Talent:
- Support a talent identification process and sponsor development activities that focus on identification of high performing and high potential individuals in the Group’s business to ensure a high-quality succession pipeline.
- Provide effective leadership to the SIG business in the country and regions, communicate the vision and build strong commitment to the Bank and the business priorities.
- Drive the change in the talent pool where possible to achieve diversity and inclusion.
- Responsible for managing and recruiting staff in SIG ensuring adequate staffing to meet the business objectives and strong talent identification, succession planning and development activities.
- Build and maintain an effective team capable of delivering the SIG strategy and through assignment to direct reports.
- Develop and reward talented people and deliver business goals by active sponsorship and leadership of people management activities.
- Develop a high-performance culture by balancing staff performance on conduct and risk management and revenue growth, and reward people fairly. Lead the way on culture and values to set the appropriate tone across SIG and work with fellow SIG MT members to ensure people are recognised and rewarded adequately.
- Manage and monitor the associated risks in financial crime and money laundering, specifically CDD for SIG clients.
- Responsible for managing the integrity of client data for SIG clients. Ensure the team is cognisant and vigilant around the integrity of client data and support the efforts of IMO and other teams in this regard.
- Ensure timely resolution of any audit and compliance issues related to the segment.
- Provide oversight across the SIG segments, and through assignment to direct reports and working in conjunction with Regional CEOs to enforce the highest standards of integrity and behaviour as well as regulatory conduct and compliance standards and practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure there are appropriate frameworks in place so that the SIG business is carried out within the Group’s risk appetite and reputational and credit risks are appropriately managed in conjunction with direct reports and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the job-holder’s attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or escalated, where appropriate to relevant risk committees.
- Accountable for all escalation from EFIGI segments to FI MT, GB MT and Group governance committees or to other stakeholders in senior management, risk or control functions as appropriate.
- Serve as the segment escalation point for various Group governance committees and ensure timely remedial actions.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Establish a robust governance framework within SIG segments for effective management of reputational, business and operational risks and ensure compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the SIG teams to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Leverage the opportunity provided by Corporate Social Responsibility to enhance the Group’s internal and external reputation and indirectly influence the bottom line
- Promote the Group’s brand and Here for good with clients, stakeholders and regulators
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders, including Regional and Country CEOs and staff
- Must have FCA – CP
- Completion of the required leadership and mandatory training courses.
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2022; 11:59:00 PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online