|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Field Officer 2
Job ID: ABJ202300362
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of sub delegation and in close collaboration with the Health Coordinator and Deputy Health Coordinator, the Health Field Officer 2 conduct first Aid Training for groups of interest in the south and maintains overall health activities in Port Harcourt Area of Responsibilities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with Head of Sub Delegation and Dep Health Co/POH, Health FO is responsible for the health program in Port Harcourt and development of a health response in line with the health strategy/ICRC mandate.
- Develops strategies and a work plan to ensure appropriate planning, implementation, and monitoring for specific programs in Public Healthcare (PHC), First Aid (FA), and Healthcare in Danger (HCiD).
- Represents the ICRC in relation to health activities with the Health Sector, communities, and the Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS).
- Ensure that there is strong communication with the health structures and relevant health partners for support programs i.e. PHC, FA. Emergencies
- Supports training and capacity-building of the NRCS branches to respond to on disease outbreaks/health emergencies.
- Monitors the health environment in the Area of Responsibility (AoR), identifies and reports on communicable disease outbreaks, mass casualty incidents, populations at risk and proposes response when appropriate.
- Together with the HCiD focal person and other depts, develops and promotes Health Care in Danger initiatives in the AoR..
- Collaborates with the Rivers and Cross Rivers health authorities and assists in setting up emergency response teams
- Supports in planning and training for emergency response in collaboration with the MoH
- Monitors the weapon wounded emergencies and the hospitals’ capacities to mass casualty response
- Participate in assessments, survey and surveillance activities as required and propose and initiate response
- Contributes to institutional reporting including Monitoring For Results (MFR), Quarterly Health Time Reporting (QHTR), Field Trip Reports (FTR), Bi-weekly operational reports, project documents i.e. assessments, Proposals, Plans of Action (PoA) as required.
- Responsible for finalization of financial commitments e.g. payment of staff incentives and financial support to referred patients when necessary.
- Supports staff health issues in the sub-delegation
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
Education and Experience Required
- University Degree in related Health Sciences, e.g., Nursing, Midwifery; registered and with relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ post NYSC experience managing health or other related health program.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good computer skills: knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience in humanitarian context in Southern Nigeria
- Very good understanding of culture/health structure in Northeast
- Sound analytical skills, good knowledge of the Area of Responsibility – AoR (Political, cultural and geographical)
- Good reporting and analytical skills.
Application Closing Date
12th Jaunary, 2023, 16:30hrs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send Curriculum vitae, Application letter and NYSC Certificate to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate “ABJ202200356 Health FO 2 POH” as the subject of your application
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- (The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment)
- We welcome applications from all qualified candidates; Female & People Living with Disability applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ICRC will not request any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.