Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities we serve. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: HIV Specialist
Job Category: Fixed Term
- Will provide technical support at the state level to implement high-quality care, treatment and support activities with a primary focus on technical areas of comprehensive TB and HIV/AIDS programs including laboratory, pharmacy, logistics, prevention, care, treatment, TB, RMNCH, mitigation, monitoring and evaluation.
- They will also support the Cluster Lead to provide technical leadership and engage with stakeholders and as approved, represent the organization at stakeholder events.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MB.BS / MD / PhD or similar Degree with 1 to 3 years of progressive relevant experience in managing comprehensive TB and HIV programs in resource-constrained settings.
- Or MPH or MS / MA in relevant Degree with 3 to 5 years of progressive relevant experience in managing comprehensive TB and HIV programs in resource-constrained settings.
- Or BS / BA in Pharmacy, Microbiology, Health Sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation, Public Health or in relevant Degree with 5 to 7 years of progressive relevant experience in managing comprehensive TB and HIV programs in resource-constrained settings.
- For each band above, possession of an additional postgraduate degree in a related field is an advantage.
- Experience in project development with proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training is required.
- Experience in large and complex donor-funded national health-focused projects is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
27th December, 2022.