GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Titles: HR Lean Leader
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
Role Summary / Purpose
- The HR Lean Leader will drive standard work, daily management consistency, problem-solving and continuous improvement in our HR operating model and processes.
- This person will be responsible for the design, adoption, and execution of the enterprise-wide Lean roadmap and transformation within the Human Resources function in GE Gas Power.
- This role will be instrumental in creating, leading, and supporting the improvement efforts tied to the company’s most critical business processes, specifically related to organization/culture and talent strategies as well as employee experience/employee life cycle management.
- Through analyzing and value stream mapping processes, diagnosing root cause operational challenges, and implementing process changes, the role will drive continuous improvement and breakthrough performance ultimately shaping company culture and improving employee engagement internally and our employment brand externally.
- This role is open to all locations globally for qualified candidate.
- In this role you will be the Lean leader and coach for the HR team drive continuous improvement initiatives and standard work operating rigor across GE Gas Power Human Resources.
- You will lead Lean cultural transformation resulting in step-change in operational business metrics related to organization, culture and people.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the design, adoption, and execution of the enterprise wide lean roadmap and transformation within Human Resources Function within Gas Power
- Create, lead, and support the continuous improvement efforts tied to the company’s most critical business processes, specifically related to organization / culture and talent strategies as well as employee experience/employee life cycle management.
- Support early integration of Lean principles in HR processes and build Lean culture across the HR organization
- Drive measurable improvements in HR Operating rigor including support of the development of standard work and leadership of Monthly Operating Rhythms
- Establish standards, institutionalize daily management processes, and adopt consistent problem-solving methods, which will enable the HR function to deliver more valued activities for our customers
- Collaborate with functional leaders and other stakeholders to identify candidate value streams
- Develop value stream maps for the Organization and eliminate process waste through the implementation of Lean techniques
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Significant experience in positions of increasing scope, including experience in Human Resources
- Demonstrated Lean aptitude and willingness to learn and apply Lean culture and methodologies
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% of the time, as required
- Masters Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to perform inclusively in a diverse environment and to promote inclusion and diversity in the workplace
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to teach and coach others
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective listening, problem identification and inclusive solution-building skills
- High-Energy, collaborative thinker; data / fact-driven decision maker
- Lean Kaizen Experience or other hands-on experience in Lean deployment and driving changes in function or operation through strategic problem solving or process improvement
- Demonstrated experience making strategic HR decisions, effectively partnering with individuals at multiple levels of the organization
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
- GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Inclusion & Diversity:
- We are passionate about creating an inclusive work environment. By valuing the ideas and contributions of a diverse workforce we help inspire others to grow, succeed, and raise the bar for everyone. Join us at GE Gas Power, where results can be achieved by embracing a community of belonging.