Willers Solutions Limited – Our client in the transportation & logistics sector is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently seeking to hire a smart, intelligent and enthusiastic Human Resources Manager for a client in the transportation & logistics sector.
- The candidate will maintain and advance the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practice in line with regulatory standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides coaching, leadership and support to managers and employees regarding Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, questions and concerns.
- Leads and manages all employment practices which include recruitment, orientation, professional development of employees, promotions, transfers, terminations and temporary agency utilization.
- Serve as a point of escalation for talent fulfillment and quality and have a thorough understanding of how to resolve challenges through a large/matrixed organization.
- Foster and maintain relationships with team leads to establish consistent best practices of Peer Buddy/Mentor identification
- Administers various human resource policies including the administration of attendance and disciplinary policies ensuring consistency within location.
- Acts as employee advocate and mediator with employee relations concerns and handles human resources legal issues as required.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducts investigations; maintains records; represents the organization at hearings.
- Participates in employee disciplinary and/or counseling issues with supervision as necessary; reviews any disciplinary documentation as it may apply.
- Manages performance review process and ensures employee training is inclusive of any competency development plans.
- Administers all employee benefit and payroll programs and coordinating with corporate as necessary; works with payroll if needed to answer employees’ questions about checks.
- Recruits all salaried exempt/non-exempt, hourly, part-time and agency employees.
- Ensures employee on-boarding and orientation is effective. Follows-up as necessary.
- Utilizes excellent communication and interpersonal skills; successfully establishes and maintains professional relationships and works effectively with all levels of management and employees.
- Maintains positive employee relations in general; in non-union environments focuses on maintaining union-free status.
- Actively participates in and leads safety program. Responsible for managing all safety related documentation including accident reporting and OSHA documentation/record-keeping.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource or related field, M.S. degree is a plus.
- 5 – 7 years experience; transport and logistics industry.
- Possession of CIPM, SHRM, CIPD is an added advantage.
- Sound exposure to HR Software / ERP Package and must have exposure.
- Sound knowledge of ISO and other international standards and hands on experience of managing compliance against these standards.
- Proficiency with data visualization tools such as MS Excel, Power BI, Tableau, Google Data Studio.
- Knowledge of HR labor and employment law, and the ability to interpret, apply and articulate this knowledge in support of business initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement HR programs and plans that are aligned with overall business and HR strategy.
- Exercise a high degree of professionalism and communication with confidential information.
- Strong process and project management skills, and able to translate vision into action.
- Solid team focus; highly collaborative with the proven ability to lead through inspiration and persuasion
- Demonstrated ability to successfully partner with internal stakeholders from various parts of the organization and ensure successful outcomes cross-functionally
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to quickly establish and maintain credibility with audiences at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to present, influence, negotiate and effectively coach managers and supervisors to internalize and deploy company best practices across all functions.
- Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
N400,000 – N450,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.