|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICLA Officer Nigeria
Job Identification: 2565
Location: Mubi, Yola – Adamawa
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance
Role and Responsibilities
- The purpose of the Information Counselling and Legal Assistance Officer is to provide support to the ICLA Team Leaders and contribute to the implementation of the ICLA program in Nigeria, Borno State.
- These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Implement delegated CC projects according to the plan of action
- Ensure that project targets beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Actively facilitate and maintain Liaison and collaboration with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities to ensure accountability.
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly, and quarterly implementation plans
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required
- Perform any other professional duties as requested by the ICLA Coordinators, ICLA Team Leaders, and ICLA PDM.
- Implement the legal assistance programs including HLP, CDR, and identity documentation activities innovatively to adapt to location and context, in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements and optimize opportunities for synergies
- Contribute to the planning procedures and tools for implementation of ICLA projects in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements
- Document project achievements and deliverables
- Monitor technical quality of ICLA projects and maintain transparency of implementation progress
- Contribute to an effective M& E system in the country
- Support and integrate gender, protection, and advocacy priorities into ICLA program design
- Contribute to the development of the ICLA strategy, technical SOPs/guidelines, and Macro LFAs for Nigeria
- Contribute to the development of funding proposals, project budgets, and donor reports
- Contribute to coordination and management of the ICLA project implementation (activities, budget, and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirement
- Supervise Project Assistants, ensure transfer of relevant skills for quality program implementation
- Provide technical assistance to the ICLA Program Development Manager and contribute to the development of a quality ICLA program in line with the Nigerian context.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Strategy and project planning and implementation: ICLA Program Development Manager, ICLA Coordinators, ICLA Team Leaders
- Supervision: ICLA Assistants
- Program support: Finance, Logistics, HR, and Area Manager
- Minimum 3 years experience from practice as a lawyer. Experience from working in the field of humanitarian assistance is an advantage.
- Must have a good knowledge of the laws and policies governing HLP issues and Identity documentation
- Must possess a Bachelor of Law Degree and must have been called to the Nigerian Bar ( be able to practice as a lawyer in Nigeria) and be conversant with international humanitarian and Human Rights law
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken – in English required.
- Fluency in one or more of the national/regional languages (Hausa and Kanuri preferred)
- Must be willing to work as a team member, take direction, and share technical skills with colleagues and counterparts
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets is required,
- Must be able to work under pressure
Context / Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria
- Experience with humanitarian activities
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- These are skills, knowledge, and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as an Officer in a humanitarian context, especially legal experience is valued
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- Ability to work under pressure, independently, and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
Application Closing Date
23rd July, 2021 by 3:54 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online