|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IECHP Manager – CTC / CTU
Place of Recruitment: Bauchi
Employment Type: Contract
Type of Contract: 1 month fixed term
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Defining, coordinating and monitoring all the IEC( Information, Education, Communication) Health Promotion activities in the project and promoting MSF services according to MSF principles, protocols and standards in order to increase the knowledge of the target population around their health, the support of preventive activities and the collaboration to improve the services
- Defining and updating the HP/IEC strategy and related activities through annual project and budget plan (objectives, target population, campaigns, messages, activities, specific actions, etc.).
- Assessing knowledge of the target group on a health risk and analyzing the context (local culture, traditions, habits, health perception) to adapt health activities and support the social mapping (villages, populations, actors), Identifying indicators in order to monitor HP activities results and achievement and using the concrete tools to measure and follow up those activities.
- Assessing, developing and adapting IEC/HP materials according to the needs of the project. Ensuring content and format have been pre-tested with target groups in order to ensure the adequacy, relevance, full understanding of the messages. Leading focus-group discussions with target groups in order to ensure the adequacy, relevance, broadcasting and full awareness of the messages, ensuring they are worded in a pedagogic manner.
- Liaising with other relevant actors (national and International NGO’s , authorities) also involved in prevention activities, analyzing interventions and building cooperative relationships and advocacy, in order to enhance the influence of the campaigns and messages and to improve awareness among the targeted population;
- Ensuring regular collaboration and coordination with the MSF medical team, to guarantee that the HP is part of medical activities and contribute to the medical objectives of the project.
- Knowing protocol(s) for Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV) and ensuring its application. Identifies possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team for treatment according to protocol(s).
- Supervising the IEC/HP team and their activities, in and outside health facilities, reporting difficulties and progress as well as adapting format and content when necessary. Planning and supervising the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and internal communication) of the IEC / HP staff of the project. This will be done in close coordination with the HR department, the administration manager and project coordinator and according to MSF vision, values and procedures. Ensuring that HP/IEC participates in counseling services when needed, specially including Prevention Parent to Child Transmission (PPTCT) and Voluntary Counseling and Testing (VTC).
- Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines (SitReps, statistical reports, etc.)
- Essential, University Degree in Social Sciences, Social Communication, Health Promotion or related studies.
- 2 – 5 years work experience.
- Essential, working experience of in related jobs (health promotion, project coordination, social research), preferably with MSF.
- Experience in qualitative research is a plus.
- Mission Language essential; Local Working Language Desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Commitment to MSF Principles, Behaviour Flexibility, People Management and Development, Result and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation.
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2021 at 5 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV with cover letter and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID.
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.