|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Supervisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract: 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required
- Implementing and supervising an infection control program in a project or health facility, according to MSF protocols, safety and IPC measures, in order to ensure quality of care and safety of patients, caretakers and staff.
- In collaboration with each service activity manager, maintaining and supporting the day to day implementation of the standard precautions in health structures in all departments including sterilization, laundry and kitchen, and providing technical supervision, training and support to the staff on IPC related issues using existing tools such as audits, checklist, surveillance.
- Implementing and monitoring adherence to additional precautions for airdroplet and contact transmissible diseases when indicated. Based on a given patient-diagnosis, evaluating the need and supporting the implementation, if needed, for additional precautions in collaboration with the medical team and act accordingly
- Supporting in the implementations planned, the correct ‘clean and dirty flows’ inside the health facility. Ensuring that environmental standards and administrative measures in the facility are respected (bed spacing, number of handwashing stations etc.) and together with the Hospital Facilities Manager and WHS Supervisor, that the essential requirements are available in the health structures
- Guaranteeing compliance to aseptic care techniques and to the correct use of antiseptics, disinfectants and detergents, through trainings and audits.
- Checking the consumption and the quality of IPC materials and equipment, including cleaning materials and equipment, PPE, etc.
- As member of the Infection Control Committee, participating actively in the lively and pro-active tenue of the meeting, supporting the development and following up the Infection Control Action Plan.
- Supervising the team under his/her responsibility and participating in the associated HR processes (e.g. recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, coaching, development and communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Reporting any irregularities to NAM or IPC managers or PMR and producing reports with information recommendations for the monthly medical reporting
- IPC standard precautions include Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), hand hygiene, prevention of accidental exposure to body fluids, safe and appropriate treatment of re-usable medical devices, waste management, cleaning and disinfection of surface and environment, respiratory hygiene and individual hygiene for staff, caretakers and patients. IPC essential requirements include water supply, solid waste and waste water treatment/disposal, latrines and shower facilities, dead bodies management, vector control and medical waste management.
- Transmission-based Precautions (TBP): are the second level of basic infection control and are to be used in addition to standard precautions for patients who may be infected or colonized with certain infectious agents for which additional precautions are needed to prevent infection transmission (contact, droplet, airborne).
- Essential: Nurse or Midwife (or equivalent) Diploma / EPI / Pharmacist Diplomas
- Preferable with IPC background experience or diploma.
- Preferable: Previous working experience working with MSF or other NGOs
- Experience in OT, Intensive Care Unit is an asset.
- English is essential, Hausa is desirable, Kanuri is an added advantage.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- BehaviouralFlexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3.
Monthly Gross salary of N404,332 (Four hundred and Four thousand, Three hundred and thirty two) per month, plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- for all experience and diplomas mentioned in the CV, the originals (work certificate, birth certificate, school certificate, ID card etc.) will be requested during the interview
- All referees should be from your previous work place
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discrimination on the basis of Gender, Religion, Race.
COVID 19 Precaution
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted populations and economies globally. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and others around you by knowing the facts and taking appropriate precautions. In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Clean your hands often. Use soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain physical distancing at all times.
- Ensure you always wear a mask.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Always seek medical attention when you feel unwell and have symptoms.