|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation and have been working in Nigeria since February 1996.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Infection Prevention and Control Supervisor
Location: Ganjuwa, Bauchi
Employment Type: Contract
- Implementing and supervising an infection control program in a project or health facility, according to MSF protocols, safety and IPC measures, in order to ensure quality of care and safety of patients, caretakers and staff. .
- In collaboration with each service activity manager, maintaining and supporting the day to day implementation by the ward supervisor of the standard precautions in health structures in all departments including sterilization, laundry and kitchen, and providing technical supervision, training and support to the staff on IPC related issues using existing tools such as audits, checklist, surveillance.
- Implementing and monitoring adherence to additional precautions for air, droplet and contact transmissible diseases when indicated. Based on a given patient-diagnosis, evaluating the need and supporting the implementation, if needed, for additional precautions in collaboration with the medical team and act accordingly
- Supporting in the implementations planned, the correct ‘clean and dirty flows’ inside the health facility. Ensuring that environmental standards and administrative measures in the facility are respected (bed spacing, number of handwashing stations etc.) and together with the Hospital Facilities Manager and WHS Supervisor, that the essential requirements are available in the health structures
- Guaranteeing compliance to aseptic care techniques and to the correct use of antiseptics, disinfectants and detergents, through trainings and audits.
- Checking the consumption and the quality of IPC materials and equipment, including cleaning materials and equipment, PPE, etc.
- As member of the Infection Control Committee, participating actively in the lively and pro-active tenue of the meeting, supporting the development and following up the Infection Control Action Plan.
- Supervising the team under his/her responsibility and participating in the associated HR processes (e.g. recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, coaching, development and communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Reporting any irregularities to NAM or IPC managers or PMR and producing reports with information & recommendations for the monthly medical reporting
- IPC standard precautions include Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), hand hygiene, prevention of accidental exposure to body fluids, safe and appropriate treatment of re-usable medical devices, waste management, cleaning and disinfection of surface and environment, respiratory hygiene and individual hygiene for staff, caretakers and patients.
- IPC essential requirements include water supply, solid waste and waste water treatment/disposal, latrines and shower facilities, dead bodies management, vector control and medical waste management.
- Transmission-based Precautions (TBP): are the second level of basic infection control and are to be used in addition to standard precautions for patients who may be infected or colonized with certain infectious agents for which additional precautions are needed to prevent infection transmission (contact, droplet, airborne).
- Registered Nurse with essential diploma.
- Essential: Nurse or midwife (or equivalent) diploma / EPI / pharmacist diplomas
- Preferable with IPC background experience or diploma
- Preferable: Previous working experience working with MSF or other NGOs
- Experience in OT, Intensive Care Unit.
Application Closing Date
13th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Incomplete applications will be automatically discarded.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system
- MSF thanks all the candidates for their interest in this position.