ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIEMobisol and ENGIEPowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy.
ThePAYGosolar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Coted’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Systems Engineer
Department: Customer Experience
Reporting Line: Head of Customer Experience
- We ares looking for an experienced, highly motivated and disciplined technical support staff to join our team for our Network infrastructure and call center communications platform.
- Key responsibilities will include improving the reliability, performance and availability of the existing systems (Network and call center) in a scalable and flexible manner, integrate and facilitate optimal network solutions using best practices and build effective solutions for our call centre demands.
- The IT systems engineer will initially report directly to the Head of Customer Experience.
Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- Ensure the installation and maintenance of internal network infrastructure
- Installation, procurement and maintenance of Call Center technical Infrastructure
- Facilitate the procurement of work tools (laptops, tablets etc.) to ensure employees are able to work effectively
- Create policies to govern computer security procedure and work tool management for the company
- Integrate and facilitate optimal network solutions using best practices to ensure Company operations remain unaffected
Deliverables and Activities:
- Improve reliability and performance of existing network and call center systems in a scalable and flexible manner
- Build effective solutions for our call centre demands
- Implementation of IVR and USSD channels to aid customer engagement
- Initiate and manage relationships with external stakeholders/vendors
- Purchase of computer systems and other IT related equipment for staff onboarding
- Maintenance of stock of computers and other IT related equipment belonging to Fenix
- Ad Hoc and support assignments to ensure optimal up-time for internal stakeholders
Required Skills & Experience
- Extensive IT Vocational Institute certifications and experience or a relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years Linux system administration experience
- Strong system, network debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working with VoIP, SIP, TDM, and related technologies
- Experience with Asterisk, Kamailio etc
- Custom Asterisk application development experience.
- Ability to transpose service or feature descriptions into technical requirements
- Experience setting up an internal network in an organisation of more than 50 people
- Experience designing and developing call centre solutions
- Experience customising existing call centre solutions
- Ability to rapidly build and test new services and features.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Highly Desired Skills:
- Working knowledge of IP networking and configuration
- Good people skills
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online