AB Microfinance Bank is a national microfinance bank licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), with its head office in Lagos and branches spread across Lagos, Oyo, Ogun, Ondo and Anambra State. AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria is committed to its passion of helping to improve the business opportunities of entrepreneurs by availing them of easy access to affordable loans, as well as improve the general financial status of everyone with its deposit accounts. It is a limited liability company duly incorporated in Nigeria under the 2002 Companies and Allied Matters Act, and is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria as a fully fledged microfinance bank.
The Bank has an exceptional group of very strong international shareholders committed to the task of improving access to financial services in the country. These shareholders are Access Microfinance Holding AG of Germany, KfW – the German Development Bank, the African Development Bank, and the International Finance Corporation of the World Bank Group. Together, they have an established record of setting up and managing microfinance banks across the African and Asian continents in such countries as Nigeria, Tanzania, Liberia, Zambia, Rwanda, Madagascar, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan,Georgia and Brazil.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Legal Officer
REF Code: JLO/JUL/2022
Employment Type: Full-time
- Negotiate, draft and advise on various kinds of commercial agreements.
- On the advice of the line supervisor, conduct research on various relevant legal issues as it affects compliance with the statutory regulations, applicable legislations, agreements and legal issues affecting the Bank’s operations.
- Liaison with client’s solicitors with regard credit arrears management.
- Liaise with external counsel in the co-ordination of land searches, company searches ,perfection of mortgages, and ongoing litigation.
- Liaise with appropriate regulatory authorities on behalf of the Company on legal matters.
- Participate in the negotiation and settlement of disputes if any, between loan client and the bank.
- As per the advice of the Head of the Legal Department, conduct research on Legal issues especially on the adequacy of various types of securities granted by the bank.
- Support in the preparation and filing of regulatory returns in compliance with the provision of the Nigeria law, local requirements and regulatory guidelines.
- Attend court and serve as the bank’s representative in court cases and at mediation sessions.
- Ensure proper filing and record keeping of documents and internal registers within the department
- Provide daily support to branches regarding all recovery decisions and activities. Support and intervene in Police matters.
- A good First Degree in Law from a reputable university.
- Membership of the Nigerian Bar Association or its equivalent is essential.
- Minimum of two (4) years relevant work experience.
- Ability to effectively conduct research successfully.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computer application packages.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within stipulated timelines and according to instructions.
- Good team spirit.
- High service-orientation.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Failure to comply would disqualify your application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.